Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lexicando

Roku tv will not activate after factory reset

Jump to solution

I already activated and was using my roku tv.

Yesterday none of the apps would work and Roku advice online said to factory reset.

I factory reset but now in order to do anything at all I need to "activate" my roku tv.

I keep trying to "activate" my roku tv but it keeps saying it was unable to send email.

It's frustrating because when I login with my phone to roku it says tv is activated, but the tv is useless until roku let's me.

I need my tv to work like it always did and not this activation issue. I work long days and I'm sore and this modern electronic login for a simple tv is a very annoying issue after being sore and working long days and just laying back to relax.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv will not activate after factory reset

Jump to solution

Hi, @Lexicando

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having an issue with activating your Roku TV after completely resetting it, and we'd be happy to help. Since you're already trying to setup your Roku TV once again, let's try to re-do the process of the activation by performing a hard reset. To do this, kindly follow the instructions below:

1. Locate the pinhole Reset button on the back of your TV, near the antenna, HDMI, and audio connections.
  2. Using a straightened paperclip (or similar), press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds - 30 seconds..

Note: After a moment, your TV will restart. Follow the instructions stated on the screen to activate your device

We trust that you find this information helpful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv will not activate after factory reset

Jump to solution

Hi, @Lexicando

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having an issue with activating your Roku TV after completely resetting it, and we'd be happy to help. Since you're already trying to setup your Roku TV once again, let's try to re-do the process of the activation by performing a hard reset. To do this, kindly follow the instructions below:

1. Locate the pinhole Reset button on the back of your TV, near the antenna, HDMI, and audio connections.
  2. Using a straightened paperclip (or similar), press and hold the reset button for at least 20 seconds - 30 seconds..

Note: After a moment, your TV will restart. Follow the instructions stated on the screen to activate your device

We trust that you find this information helpful, and let us know if you have further concerns or inquiries.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos