Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vuyonko2

TV In nightmode despite being in brighter mood

Jump to solution

Hi! I've really come to a point where I don't know what to do for whatever reason my TV is in dark mode when my settings say brighter? I've tried pretty much everything I could think of (Turning off tv, restarting tv, messed with picture settings) I don't know what else to do so does anyone have a solution or should I give up?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TV In nightmode despite being in brighter mood

Jump to solution

Hi @Abdulwali,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your Roku device and the steps you took to resolve it.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to hardware. Have you tried contacting your TV manufacturer's customer support yet to inquire further?

We suggest contacting them to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer offers direct support for their Roku OS products.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post: "Contacting Support for Your Roku TV."

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @vuyonko2@labodd,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention about the behavior you've encountered with your Roku TV and for the steps you took to resolve it.

Changing the picture mode can enhance your visual experience, especially given the different types of devices you might be using, like cable boxes, Blu-ray players, or gaming consoles.

You can pick from a number of standard picture modes on all Roku TV models:

• Low Power: This is the default setting, which is optimized to save energy
  • Normal: Good for everyday viewing in moderate to bright rooms
  • Vivid: Gives you an intense and brilliant picture for use in rooms with a lot of light
  • Sports: Optimized for sports viewing where camera-panning and action shots are common
  • Movie: Ideal for darker rooms to view the movie as the director intended

To change picture modes, begin playback of a movie or TV show, press the * button on your Roku TV remote, locate the Picture Mode setting, and use the buttons on the D-Pad to make your selection.

Unlike picture modes, brightness settings won't change based on what input you select. Changing the brightness settings doesn't adjust how bright your Roku TV is—it adjusts how dark the darkest parts of the image are.

To adjust your brightness, press the * button while actively watching a title or find it in the Picture Settings menu on your Roku TV.

Remember, the effects of these settings will vary based on what you're watching and your viewing environment, so try out the different options and find what you like best.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Abdulwali

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, and I did the steps that you said and it still didn’t work. Also I reset the tv twice still the same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Abdulwali,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've been experiencing with your Roku device and the steps you took to resolve it.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to hardware. Have you tried contacting your TV manufacturer's customer support yet to inquire further?

We suggest contacting them to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer offers direct support for their Roku OS products.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post: "Contacting Support for Your Roku TV."

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.