Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GWigley
Binge Watcher

Roku device won’t play content on The Roku Channel, just loops back.

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly @RokuTakashi I have a new device, I am trying to watch a movie on the Roku channel but every time I press play it just loops back to the same page, I press play again but again it just loops back. I can’t seem to get it to play anything at all, please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device won’t play, just loops back.

Jump to solution

Hi @GWigley 

Thanks for keeping us posted here at the Roku Community!

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.
We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you need further clarification and assistance, don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than willing to continue to do so.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
29 REPLIES 29
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GWigley,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this behavior you have experienced with The Roku Channel, and we're sorry to hear about the troubles. We recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Remove the channel by highlighting it and pressing the star (*) button.
2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
3. Install the channel again.

One additional suggestion we would like to recommend is to perform a system update. You can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. Kindly check and see if you notice any difference.

For more troubleshooting steps with any channel playback issue, follow our Support link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support
Keep us posted on how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GWigley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuTakashi @Thank you for your reply, I have just tried the uninstall, restart and reinstall suggestion as well as performing a system update however there is no change, we still cannot watch anything and it continues to loop from the play screen back to the play screen.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GWigley,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We definitely want to look further into the issue. Could you please provide us with the following information?

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?
  • What is their IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information, we'll be able to assist you better.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GWigley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuTakashi 

Our internet provider is Virgin Media, we live in Northampton in the UK.

This is the system information-

Model 3940EU - Roku Express 4K

Serial number - X01600N3ASCC

Software version - 12.0.0 • build 4184-CR

Device ID - S07U5153ASCC

Tracker ID-

Model: 3940EU - Roku Express 4K

Serial number: X01600N3ASCC (S07U5153ASCC)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-CR

GC version: 9.3.516

Timestamp: 2023-06-21T19:33:05Z

Please use issue ID CC-247-413 to report the current issue.

Hopefully we will be able to watch something soon!

Thanks,

Gemma

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GWigley 

Thanks for keeping us posted here at the Roku Community!

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.
We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

If you need further clarification and assistance, don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than willing to continue to do so.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GWigley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have created a new account and logged into Roku with it, however the same issue persists. This is the tracker id-

Model: 3940EU - Roku Express 4K

Serial number: X01600N3ASCC (S07U5153ASCC)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4184-CR

GC version: 9.3.516

Timestamp: 2023-06-24T17:28:19Z

Please use issue ID CC-251-608 to report the current

issue.

Please advise, thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GWigley,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue that you're experiencing!

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
GWigley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuJohnB 

Hi,

Any news on resolving my issue? I’ve had the Roku device 10 days now and still can’t access any channels! 

Gemma

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @GWigley,

Thank you for your post,

Where are you located, and where is your Roku account set up?

If you need further assistance, kindly send us a PM with the email address associated with your Roku account used to set up your Roku device. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos