Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCR

Roku TV stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

I am in a similar situation with my TCL Roku TV (65r617}.

Originally, WiFi suddenly failed to see any networks. After troubleshooting, I did a factory reset. Now the remote will not operate, other than power. The TV is still stuck on the language selection menu.

I tried to pair the remote with fresh batteries repeatedly. 

I suspect that the TV's WiFi receiver has failed, but surprised that the remote can't work via IR for the initial setup. 

43 REPLIES 43
Psyrog
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

I am having the same trouble. Did you figure out how to fix this?

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Psyrog , if your tv isn't responding to the remote, you can view the front of your remote through a cell phone camera to see if the IR is actually luminating. (For some reason you can see that through a phone's camera.).

That would clarify if the remote's not working, or the tv's sensor failed.

Or, are you saying you have (or had) a wifi problem? Are you stuck on a setup-language screen? How/why did you get there? 

There is a factory-reset pinhole button on the back of the tv. Your tv's manual will explain how to use it (google your tv model to find the manual). I'm sure there are videos showing how to do it, probably applicable to all models. 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
colorunr

If your Roku TV is stuck on the language screen, and the remote will only control on/off but can't scroll, try resetting the remote: Remove the cover on the back of the remote and long-press the reset button that you will find near the top.

This fixed it for me. Apparently, the factory reset unpairs the remote with the TV, but the IR function (which controls on/off) still works.

Jxjpenguin

I removed the back but i think mine is an older model and mine is stuck on language screen, so what do i do then?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Jxjpenguin

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Everyone this is the solution right here...by far the best answer on here if you did a factory reset!!

bonjrad
Reel Rookie

So what is the solution?????  

bonjrad
Reel Rookie

I've done multiple factory resets on the Hisense Roku tv and the remote.  Nothing moves beyond the Language page.  How don I determine if I just need to get a new TV?

TLoh73

I have tried all the suggestions here and nothing has worked. I have a roku premier device set up on my Samsung smart tv., I’ve had the roku device approximately 2-3 years and have never had an issue. It was stuck on the screen saver so I did the reset on the device, I’ve also unplugged it- both of these things several times and it’s still stuck on the “Let’s get started” language screen.