Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV stuck on set up language screen and remote won't work

@TiJo, did you pair the remote again?  If it has a pairing button on the back or inside the battery compartment, press and hold it until the light on the remote starts flashing.  If it doesn't, press and hold the Back and Home buttons at the same time.  Once the light is flashing, connect the power to the Express.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
TiJo
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply. We have a voice remote without a reset button - bought in December. It was draining the battery (twice since December) so I reset the Roku Express - one of the recommendations I saw online. When I restarted it I can only go to the language select screen and I cannot control it with the remote or with my phone app. On my phone app it says "No devices found on your network." But I can't control the Roku at all so I don't know how to find out the network status or change anything. When I try to pair the remote the light flashes but nothing happens.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@TiJo, at this point you won't be able to do anything without a working remote.  The app won't work as a remote until the Express is connected to your network which requires a working remote to accomplish.  Try using new batteries and place the remote down next to the Express with the light flashing when you connect the power to the Express.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
LeShay
Channel Surfer

YES! This is the only thing that worked!! 
THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
Mibakaqu

In response to danny , i am having the same problem , i do not have a roku tv i have the roku stikand have tried numerous times to reset and pair the device no luck, what is the issue?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mibakaqu,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about of the issue you are experiencing with your Roku device and remote. We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused.

We want to perform a few steps to make sure we are providing the best service. Could you please perform the power cycle by unplugging your TV for about 2 minutes? This includes unplugging the HDMI cables from the TV, and the power supply. Then please remove the batteries from the remote. Plug it all back in and place the batteries in the remote once you see the ROKU letters bouncing if that resolves the issue.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. 

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LeShay
Channel Surfer

I reset my remote when the issue was the tv was stuck on the set up screen. This was hold the back arrow and home button on the remote until the red light flashes on the remote. It will pair after that.

Now the screen is totally black and nothing works to fix it. 

I spoke with TCL and they had now fix either. I’m sure my next purchase will not be a TCL Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LeShay,

Saw your post!

Thanks for the update about the behavior you're seeing with your Roku TV and all of the troubleshooting you've done that resolves your issue that can help other Roku users who are also experiencing the same problem.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community and thanks for using our services.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TiJo
Reel Rookie

I bought a new Roku. Maybe there is a solution but if so I don't have the time or patience to mess with it. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
LeShay
Channel Surfer

Unfortunately, after I fixed the remote connection issue the TV went black. I tried allllll the reset steps and even called customer service with no solution. I had to buy a new TV. I read this is a common issue and there is yet to be a fix. Poor manufacturing and poor customer relations leads to no customer retention. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.