Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTVfishes
Reel Rookie

Roku TV starts but no menu or apps appear

I'm having an issue with my TV, it booted up normally but when it got to the screen that usually shows all your apps and settings is just a blank background. Not a black screen, it's not the screen saver, the only thing on it is my chosen background, logo in top left and time in top right (the time is not frozen). There's absolutely nothing to click on the screen and attempts to use my remote and Roku remote app do nothing, but the light on the TV indicates that it's receiving the input.

I've tried unplugging it for a few minutes up to a few hours, tuning it on and off again, replacing the batteries in my remote. The only thing I can think to do is to factory reset but I can't get into my TV's settings, and there doesn't appear to be any buttons on the TV itself other than the power button. This morning I tried to turn it on again after being unplugged for a few hours, it didn't even show a loading like it showed previously, just straight to the blank background. The TV is also mounted on a wall making it hard to access anything in the back, I'm currently unable to dismount it from the wall. It's an older TV so I'm thinking its probably an issue with it's software but I can't do anything to reset it? No idea what model or year, TV says TCL Roku.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV starts but no menu or apps appear

For a Factory Reset, press and hold the physical power button for 30 seconds. 

[Edited to add...]  Sorry, I meant the physical reset button on the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RTVfishes
Reel Rookie

Tried that, the TV just turns off or on. The loading screen has come back though, which says 'Roku 4K HDR' it's a red background.

0 Kudos
renojim

@RTVfishes, look for a reset button on the back of the TV.  You may need something like a paperclip to press and hold it for 30 seconds.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I have the same issue and tried resetting it with the reset button at the back. the tv rebooted but it didn’t solve the problem. 

after pressing and holding the button for 30 seconds, all I was required to do was connect the tv to the wifi and run it up for updates but as soon as that step was finished, it took me to the usual screen but still, no menu or no apps being shown. Just the logo and the background wallpaper. 

0 Kudos
renojim

@serenityfire, reply to the following post with the requested information:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Hisense-Roku-TV-No-Menu-Stuck-on-Clock-Screen/m-p/977391/h...

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

We appreciate your posts regarding the issue with Roku TV. We understand and hear you.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please provide us with the details requested by our Roku engineers for investigation purposes.

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RTVfishes
Reel Rookie

1000006064.jpg

(Just in case the picture doesn't work for some reason.)

Model: C107X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00000YKG14L (S038T9CKG14L)

Software version: 13.0.0 - build 24062-93

GC version: 11.5.25

Timestamp: 2024-06-25T06:30:07Z

ID: 4L-253-830

Troubleshooting: I have turned off the TV and turned it back on, unplugged the TV for a few hours, held down the power button for 30 seconds, tried all the buttons on my remote (all trigger the light and sound on the TV but nothing happens except with the power and volume buttons), tried using the Roku TV remote app & changed the batteries in my remote. 

Other notes: The TV is mounted on a wall and I have not been able to dismount it to check for a reset button, as a result I have not been able to factory reset the TV. The screen saver still works (the scrolling background of Roku city.)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.