Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV sound low

My sound is low on my tv

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Loosing internet connection and everything else in the house works still except the roku

Hi @Charlesphelps

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Also, providing the troubleshooting steps you've done would be a great help. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rayem

Re: Roku TV sound problems

I have the same problem. Our sound is so low, especially while trying to watch most streaming movies and over the air channels, via the Roku local added channels to my TV antenna.

We can hear the Live major channels, but only with the 100% sound number. The problem with that is, once a commercial starts, we have to grab the remote to lower the sound as it blasts away. It's very bothersome not being able to watch movies with a decent sound lever to hear all the words, and to constantly lower the sound during commercials.

We have a Sharp Roku TV which worked fairly well when we purchased it, but we do note the sound has always been on the low side, but not as low as to require the 100% level. Also we did not have to lower the sound during commercials, although they are always louder than normal.

Is it possible that the many updates Roku has added to my service changed the sound amplification.

I have been searching the internet to find out if there is a reasonable cost amplifier to add to the TV that would help us, especially one that has automatic level to control the loud commercials.

My TV info follows,

Roku TV 5303X, Sharp model LC-43lB37IU. Serial #2N008U419331, Software version 10.5, build 4210-13,

Can Roku help us by somehow increasing the volume level to my TV. So I do not have to use 100% volume level, Or at least suggest an Amplifier that will amplify the sound enough to help us hear decent sound watching streaming movies.  

I thank you in advance for any help and assistance in helping me with our sound issues.

raymort

0 Kudos