Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JodiPen
Channel Surfer

Black screen on two out of three TCL TVs.

Two out of three of my TLC TVs went black at the same time. They have full audio. It’s happened at the same. Please help.ive tried unplugging and a factory reset. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Black screen on two out of three TCL TVs.

Hi @JodiPen,

Warm greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to investigate further with this issue that you're experiencing. Is this happening on all channels and contents or it is isolated? (Specify) When did you first notice this problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JodiPen
Channel Surfer

It happened about two or three days ago. I was watching tv and it went black, all channels.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JodiPen,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku TVs. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to restart your modem and router. After restarting your wireless network connection, try to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Regards,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Yeah this happened to me a couple weeks ago I've tried everything from holding the reset button on the TV to entering the reset command on the remote I've even gone as far as to turn accessibility screen reader on just so that I can hear where I am scrolling in the settings to try to mess with everything even the CEC HDMI power save settings everything nothing has worked

0 Kudos
JodiPen
Channel Surfer

Modem restart didn’t work. 

0 Kudos
JodiPen
Channel Surfer

It truly is baffling that Roku would do this. I have on Roku that does not have a black screen and it’s the one I don’t use every day so I’m sure I didn’t have a chance to do a software update which I’m assuming is the only reason why it’s working. All this turn things off and on isn’t working. Can’t believe they can’t just give me a fix where they have to trouble shoot on their side versus me. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 2024 update issue

Hi @JodiPen,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to be of support here, and thanks for flagging us about this issue with your Roku TV.

Could you tell us how long you've been using this TV? In addition, do you still hear any sound coming from the TV, or is it totally black with no response?

Please tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Koolademan0 @JodiPen,

Greetings from the Roku Community and thanks for the update!

We sincerely regret the inconvenience and are here to support you. Could you please let us know the TV's serial number so we may have a closer look?

Keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JodiPen
Channel Surfer

Hi Ray. Are there cons for posting my equipment serial on a public forum per your request? Also, are my tvs ever going to be fix? It’s going on a week? Can someone call me directly?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.