Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv screen goes black

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you, and this is not what we aim for. No worries; we will be more than happy to assist you further. Can you please provide us with a video clip of your running problem? When did the issue start? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

Same exact issue 2 hours before the Superbowl. I can hear the TV working, but continue to get the black screen. Did all the things everyone suggested but nothing 😔. It is disturbing to see all these people with the same issue and no intervention from Roku to help except call the manufacturer. This is a 55 TLC with built in Roku. What people are going to remember is that it was a Roku product, not a TLC product. We all refer to them as our Roku TVs. Shame on Roku, can't support you if you won't help with your partners!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mskonstance,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd love to investigate this issue further. Can you please send us the details that have been asked for above?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joav1145

Hi ! My Roku Tv screen is black I did the two steps unplug and reset ( it came for seconds and went black again ! Is it damage or what else suppose  to do ?

0 Kudos
Vagetta31

Hello, I tried those solutions,they didn't work. I keep getting voice command saying to turn on screen reader hit the home button but the screen is still black. Any ideas? 

Yadayadayooop
Reel Rookie

I called the manufacturer today and the only other thing they had me try for my TCL model was to unplug the TV and then hold down the power button on the TV for 15 seconds…it’s the one that behind the lcd light on the tv not the remote. Then they had me replug it in and try again and it didn’t fix it for me but it may work for you.

0 Kudos
John600

Did nothing happen I turned it off left it off for about a half hour plug it back in nothing please help

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @John600 

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information in this thread, and we're sorry to hear about the black screen issue you've encountered with your Roku TV. From this, we can determine the issue that's affecting your Roku TV. Could you please point a flashlight on your screen to see if you're able to see a glimpse of the display? Additionally, what brand is your Roku TV?

With more details, we'll be able to assist you further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bRANSDAD1

Honestly, just toss it in the garbage. TLC TVs are junk. Talking to their support techs will only add to your frustration.  Go out and get an LG, or Hisence TV at your local Target store. MUCH better TV for about the same price. Very reliable and a great value. TLC is junk!

0 Kudos
bRANSDAD1

Roku TVs are just as bad. Just toss it in the garbage and go get an LG. They stand by their products and will replace them when this stuff starts.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.