Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwblack
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku tv screen goes black

I had the same problem with my TCL Roku when I turned it on was black screen but had audio. I you can shine a flashlight at the screen and see the icons then you need a set of LCD strips. If you're not good with working on TV's then take it to a shop.

Hi, I don’t see a reply to your post but word for word the same thing just happened to me. What did you do?

Gabbie95
Reel Rookie

I've looked into repairing the TV myself and have talked to multiple repair places. Everyone I have talked to said the cheaper option is to replace the TV...not the news I wanted but I guess I'll be buying a new TV

0 Kudos
jwblack
Reel Rookie

You can get the LCD strips on ebay for about $30.

0 Kudos
Lady80
Reel Rookie

Nothing worked for mine. I tried all that was mentioned and it’s still on that black screen and I can still hear the audio and the clicks. I tried the reset button for 5 secs the original suggestion and then again for the 10 secs and nothing. I can’t see the icons at all even after shining a light like someone suggested, so my next question, If I can’t see the icons at all, is me buying the LCD strips a waste?

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for keeping us posted, @Lady80 

For this occurrence, we recommend reaching out to TCL support directly and inquiring further about the issue you've encountered. TV manufacturers of Roku TV will be able to assist you since they provide direct support with their TV models. 

For more information, kindly reach out to TCL Support

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

All the best,

Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yadayadayooop
Reel Rookie

Same exact thing is happening to me, and it also happened while watching Netflix and then black and can still hear audio. What a piece of junk.

Re: Roku TCL TV screen goes black

I've had mine for @ 2 years. I have nothing attached but an antenna.  This is insane that it's happening to so many sets.  What a scam! I thought I'd found a great set.

0 Kudos

Reset does nothing

0 Kudos

Most of my watching is through a Roku Express 4K,  Model 3941X2 that was put into service May 2023.  My TV is a 65" Sony.  I have been recently having the same experience, late at night, and here is what I have learned:

1.  The issue is on all apps:  Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Paramount+, YT and YTTV.

2.  None of the suggested fixes work, but the next morning all is back to normal.

3.  Moving my input to my Apple TV, everything works perfectly.

4.  Exchanging this Roku device for one of my older devices: 3700X or Roku Stick solves the problem.

5.  Switching to a digital antenna works perfectly. 

6.  The next morning everything is fine.

I can only conclude that this particular new model of Roku is at fault, and needs to be exchanged.

Dave L

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.