Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bohratom
Streaming Star

Roku TCL 4K HDR TV update 12.0, my Roku live guide is missing channels plus lost all my QAM channels

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku 4K HDR was updated to Roku version 12.0 just a couple of hours ago and thus far it's been a mess. First I lost all my Cable QAM channels so not even sure if I can scan them again and second which is really sad. I also only see Premium channels in the Roku Live Guide and not the other free channels. Hopefully it's just a bug and will be fixed soon.

Roku basically just did a huge FUBAR...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TCL 4K HDR TV update 12.0 now charging for Roku Live Guide plus lost all my QAM channels

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community in regards to the issue you are experiencing with the Live TV guide.

Please be aware that we believe this issue is now resolved and invite you to check if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to investigate further should the issue persist.

Happy Streaming,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Ikagirl
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TCL 4K HDR TV update 12.0 now charging for Roku Live Guide plus lost all my QAM channels

Jump to solution

Having similar issue just now. Software update, can't view a thing. Not even antenna channels. Did not get message that I need to pay,  but that's probably it. Hey Roku, the telecomm industry has a word for stealth charges like thus. It's called slamming,  and it'd not legal for them, why is it for you?

Ikagirl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Little note for those just checking this: you should be able to stream directly from the apps. Streaming Pluto now while I'm working on this.

However, not being able to go to antenna channels is a huge issue. Those are free, guide access should be still available. 

bohratom
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Seems many other Roku customers having the same issue, here is a Reddit Thread about the Live Guide and how to view your Antenna/QAM channels again. 

Over-the-air channels or Cable Qam, to receive them once again while we wait out the software update resolution, if you are using a Roku TV, go to your home screen, settings, TV inputs, scroll to antenna TV, manage channels. Put a checkmark in the "Hide Streaming Channels". This worked for me and I was able to see and view my antenna channels once again. If this is a software glitch, hopefully Roku can get it straightened out soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/1387nsl/live_tv_problems/

Jump to solution

I had same issue. I went into settings and did a full factory reset with the code. And then my antenna channels came back. I had to sign in to all streaming again, but I basically reloaded my tv software apps. But after rescanning all now I still do not have the other free Roku channels that were there yesterday up to the thousands. When I started this issue I only had premium channels and it kept restarting on 2000 Starz and said all other channels were hidden. Tried unhiding but they were not listed to add or remove. Update: I did a restart and the channels are missing again and I'm back to Starz. Omg 

Dsmommy52

Jump to solution

OMG! I’ve been trying for hours to get all my Roku channels back on the guide. Around 830 pm (cst) my remote wouldn’t work so I had to push Home button then Live tv. But when I did that NO channels were showing on Guide. So I had to factory reset the whole tv and redo it all! And now only my OTA channels are on guide. Nothing else. So you’re saying I have to pay now to get the other “350 free channels”??!! Wtf? I’m SO aggravated! The whole reason I bought this Roku tv was so we could have the NBC and fox news channels and Roku movies ch and crime ch and music ch. this is CRAZY! I’m PISSED!

stlomo

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the exact same issues. Roku's website about the version 12 update says nothing about charging for the Live TV or the guide, it just advertises over 350 free and streaming channels.

As for the over-the-air channels, to receive them once again while we wait out the software update resolution, if you are using a Roku TV, go to your home screen, settings, TV inputs, scroll to antenna TV, manage channels. Put a checkmark in the "Hide Streaming Channels". This worked for me and I was able to see and view my antenna channels once again. If this is a software glitch, hopefully Roku can get it straightened out soon.

Ikagirl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yep. Same here, except antenna still not showing.  I have a few apps that show the antenna channels,  but not seeing the free roku channels either. It also refuses to acknowledge any premium channels, probably because I pay all directly now.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here as well, effective today May 4. 

One TCL TV has this issue, but so far, my other TCL TV is "normal"

0 Kudos
Jelge
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If this is the same problem I am having it is time for me to buy a tv without Roku in the name. I lost my antenna channels along with the streaming channels listed with them today. I don’t have a problem with paying for the streaming content but antenna channels are FREE and Roku has no business screwing with them. My software version is 11.5.0 and the tv says it is current with no updates since December 19, 2022. 

0 Kudos