Knuckbo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Sound Quality Issues

Having same issue as others....sound drops, crackles, etc. Sometimes it drops for like 20-30 minutes and comes back. I've tried all the suggestions from the the How To Fix A/V Synch Error support page and problem persists. I've reset the Streambar numerous times, made sure it's software is up to date, checked all cables, including unplugging and replugging them in firmly, etc. I'm pretty good with technology, but this has me quite frustrated. It's also worth mentioning that it's a problem that recently developed.

Model #9102X

Seriel #2A118H081102

This appears to be a known problem, so is this a defect? Also, since it's out of the warranty period, do you offer repairs for a fee? If so, what's the cost.

Thanks!

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Knuckbo,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Streambar. Help is here. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you.
Best regards,
Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sirump1978
Reel Rookie

Wow. Same issue as well. Was coming to get a fix. Crackly audio, sometimes very low. Occasionally will go super high volume out of nowhere. Is this a known issue? It's been happening on & off for a year now. 

Knuckbo
Reel Rookie

It appears to be a known issue and from my chat with Roku, they have some sort of work around until some day when they decide to do a software update to fix it. But the work around turns off other features you may be using. I recommend contacting them, but it’s extremely disappointing to say the least. A product this expensive should work better. 

unclemike

Same problem here. Also the streambar pro seems to be starving for memory and or cpu. How do I get the audio issues resolved? Tried all the suggestions.

Thanks

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about the trouble you have experienced. We're here to assist and work this out. Could you please specify the audio issue you're having? Does this issue happen on a particular channel or the general Roku interface? Also, when did you notice that the issue started to occur?

We would appreciate your response for us to work on this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seelinnen

Same issue for me. ROKU Streambar with sound crackling constantly.

SN# YL009U984955

Thanks

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @seelinnen,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you regarding your concern. Please check your email from time to time, as they will contact you from there.

If there's anything else that we can assist with, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmazur19

I’ve been having the same crackle issues and volume dropping off. I noticed it about a month ago but it comes and goes so inconsistently it’s hard to say. It seems mainly this is a problem with Netflix for me. 

I had this same problem about a year ago and was sent a new model but now after having this one for a year it’s having the same problems  

SN YL0043434472

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jmazur19,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you regarding your concern. Please check your email from time to time, as they will contact you from there.

If there's anything else that we can assist with, please keep us posted.

All the best

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos