Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertMW
Binge Watcher

Roku Streambar Pro (9101x) popping noise after an update

I am having a very similar problem that seems to only happen when streaming music via bluetooth from an Android phone. My Streambar Pro was updated to OS 12.5 on Oct 31 2023 and the popping noises began immediately in the Subwoofer Pro and the right-rear speaker (so far as I can tell). This is most certainly related to OS 12.5, since I had been using the streambar for 2-3 months (since new) under OS 12.0 and it was working flawlessly with bluetooth music. I listen to Amazon Music via the phone and the issue happens at all streaming levels (SD, HD, UHD, Atmos, Sony 360). (The issue also happens on Spotify Free.) The (dull) popping is random, although like others, I have noticed some relation to bass activity, but not always. I have tried many steps to solve, short of small-animal sacrifice, without success.

Against my better judgment, I was talked into factory resetting the streambar by the Roku phone support person. It was a hassle and was fruitless, as my intuition had presumed. Since a moderately alert schoolboy could surmise this is a problem with OS 12.5, we should all demand a revert to OS 12.0 until they can figure this out.

Please, Roku personnel, don't run me around in any more needless circles, (e.g., factory resets, videos). You have plenty of symptoms from all of these users to be able to fix this. Please also update your phone personnel's troubleshooting scripts so that they won't need to have customer do any 'make work' exercises. 

My components:  TCL Roku TV (updated to OS 12.5 very early in Oct with no problems), Streeambar Pro, 4 Roku wirelesss speakers, Roku wireless submoofer (the large one). Phone: Samsung Gal A13 (Androd 13), Amazon Music Android.

Labels (1)
47 REPLIES 47
Sjk4x4
Channel Surfer

Im glad you are going through the process of dealing with tech support. Ive had the same issue with the same setup plus the basecube pro. I thought cats were under the floorboards. Same issue, random popping and its not great for a dedicated roku only $800 speaker system. Please keep posting responses and hopefully a correct solution

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sjk4x4,
Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible. As of the moment, our team is still investigating this issue. We will be sure to update you on this thread once feedback is available.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users, 

Thanks for your time and effort in reporting this case to us and sharing additional insight about this.

We'll take it from here and we'll forward this over to the right team. But we'll need your help to supply the information below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Roku Wireless Subwoofer serial number

We'll be anticipating it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bigjersey16
Reel Rookie

@RokuERey Please see the following devices:

Model - 9201R2

Serial - Y200A1462681

Software version - 12.5.0.4176

Device ID - BV429A462681

Model - 9101R2 - Roku Streambar Pro

Serial - YL005G488624

Software Version - 12.5.0 build 4178-95

Device ID - 3K6255488624

I have tried to compile more information surrounding the popping noise, and I have found this occurs more when streaming Disney+, but still happens with less frequency when streaming Netflix, HBO Max, Prime Video, and Hulu. I am currently streaming from a Samsung Q70AA connected to the Streambar via HDMI ARC, and this system was installed when I installed the TV as an all in package. I have had no issues until the most recent software update on 11/01/23.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bigjersey16,

This is so much help and thanks for sharing this information with us.

We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once we have information available, we'll make sure to forward any updates here.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ejordan525
Channel Surfer

@RokuERey

Please see my device information below:

Model - C147X - TCL Roku TV

Serial - X00000X858MM

Software version - 12.5.0 build 4176-93

Device ID - S04KH07858MM

Model - 9101R2 - Roku Streambar Pro

Serial - YL00CA013070

Software Version - 12.5.0 build 4178-95

Device ID - 3K615C013070

This issue happens on all streaming services and has only started happening in the past month. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ejordan525,

Thanks for sharing this information. I have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team as additional information regarding this issue.

We'll need your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dpelfrey,

Thanks for getting in touch, and we appreciate the report about this. We would also like to grab information from you regarding this.

Please also provide us with the details requested below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Roku Wireless Subwoofer serial number

This will help the right team to figure out the main reason for this.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aboogie
Channel Surfer

Also experiencing the same issues others have described. Have 4 Roku wireless speakers, Roku sound bar pro (connected to HDMI earc and with supplied cable as wel as other new HDMI cables) and sub woofer.

I've to factory reset, power cycled and physically reconnected HDMI and power cables for every device. 

The pops are random, doesn't matter if it's periods of quiet or loud. Streaming services using the native apps on my LG C3 TV, a separate Roku stick or the sound bar. 

Tried switching HDMI sources.

Do not want to have to repeat these same steps for troubleshooting when already identified the pops still keep happening. Can this just get escalated?

0 Kudos