Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamnpk
Channel Surfer

Roku Select TV remotes don't work

I made the mistake of buying a Roku TV a few months ago and continue to regret it. The biggest problem has been the remote. The original remote required pressing the volume and mute buttons hard multiple times before the tv would respond and the rewind/fast-forward functions were slow to respond, if they did at all. Roku told me to call support.  I did and they sent me a new remote, which was great. Except, this remote works OK with the volume buttons and is HORRIBLE for rewinding/fast-forwarding. I have to hold each button down hard for several seconds and that might not even work. I called last week and they said they were escalating the issue. No response, so called back today and apparently nothing had been done. Supposedly they are going to escalate now and they really mean it this time, I guess. The app remote works fine so I can't understand why they can't send me an actual remote that works. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Select TV remotes don't work

Hi @Iamnpk,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. If you are already in touch with our Support team, we recommend continuing to work with them, as they would best assist you moving forward.

Let us know if there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Iamnpk
Channel Surfer

Sounds great. Except I haven't had a working remote since I purchased this TV months ago and it's been 2 weeks since I reopened this inquiry without any word of resolution. So if it's taking this long, I'm guessing it's an issue with the TV hardware or software because if it was the remote, they would just send me a new remote, right?

0 Kudos
Iamnpk
Channel Surfer

Approaching 2 months and still no working remote. I brought in a Roku Ultra remote from another room and it works fine so I don't understand the problem with providing a remote that works for this TV. This, in addition to the constant crashing, has made buying a Roku brand TV the worst electronics purchase I've ever made. I used to be a huge Roku fan and this experience has tainted the brand for me, and not just for the TVs. Very disappointing. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Iamnpk,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing with the Roku remote. May we know what kind of Roku remote you are using right now? (Roku Simple Remote, Roku Voice Remote, or Roku Voice Remote Pro)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Iamnpk
Channel Surfer

If you mean the remote I brought in from another room, it's s voice remote that came with a Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Iamnpk

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've sent you a Private Message here in the Roku Community as we'll assist you further regarding your concern. Kindly check your inbox located at the upper right of your web browser with the "Mail" icon since we've reached you from there.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos