Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TV skips OTA channel that is listed to a channel that is not listed.

@edged1g 

Thanks for the post.

Looking at this thread, none of the users have provided the detailed information that I have requested. Once I have the information for this specific issue, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
edged1g
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

Is what I provided adequate for you or do you need more? I will provide it immediately. 

0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV not working

@JenniferAnne wrote:

So I still have no live tv on my moms sharp roku, I’ve factory reset, I’ve updated every day, and nothing.

I'm sorry your mother has to experience this. Did the factory reset ask you to scan for channels? If it were me, I would go to Home>TV inputs>scan for antenna channels. (I would also choose hide streaming tv channels, unless you want those. I don't, at least not without a numeric keypad remote to access that many channels. And, certainly not without a continuous channel-up/down button which stopped working with the recent update. It seems like streaming channels might be better than nothing for your mother. But, I'm just saying that those may be aggravating too.).

It seems like scanning for channels wouldn't do anything that the factory reset wouldn't (if you really did the full reset which wipes everything clean, like the first day you plugged it in). Likewise there is Home>System>Power>system restart which shouldn't do anything that the factory reset didn't. But, I'd try that too just to see. I'd disable Fast TV start in that Power menu. I think I've seen people say it causes problems. 

One option which might be less expensive is to purchase an external antenna tuner which outputs HDMI. You could connect that to the Sharp/Roku tv's HDMI input (assuming there is one). Your mother could watch broadcast tv that way (using the remote the external tuner comes with). I'm not familiar with these. I just googled and the term for them seems to be "digital tv tuner hdmi output." They're not too expensive ($30 US).  An example product name is "Mediasonic Homeworx." (I'm not recommending that product. I know nothing about it. Just giving an example of the type of device I'd be looking at.). 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@edged1g 

Thanks for the follow up.

The information that you have provided is what we are looking for.

We have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
osl7
Streaming Star

-Roku TV brand and model Sharp  LC-50LBU711U Rev A
-Roku serial number YN00U9796133

-device ID  JWD944796133
-software OS/version 9.4.0 Build 4200
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) there is no tracking number there is nothing to reproduce it's your company's update
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

0 Kudos

Cant get channel

They updated my channel guide now I cant get channel 10. I only get 10-3. 

0 Kudos
paddy99
Reel Rookie

Los Angeles viewer having this problem:
-Roku TV brand and model: Sharp (Best Buy) LC-43LB481U
-serial number: LZDH2YA003297 on back of tv.  under settings>system>about: Roku TV 5317X Serial number 2NOOHV740187 
-device ID: 7D472H740187
-software OS/version:9.4.0 build 4200-13
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times): ID 87-001-779
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing:  OTA antenna TV---Using guide to navigate with up down on remote.  Selecting 50.1 and tv shows 50.5 content.  Selecting 50.2 and tv shows correct 50.2 content.  Selecting 50.4 and tv shows 50.5 content  Selecting 50.5 and tv shows 50.5 content but guide has 50.1 listings. 

Another method: Using up and down on remote directly, skips 50.1, 50.2, 50.4 and goes to 50.5  

Curiously, in Edit Channel lineup mode (settings >tv inputs >antenna TV >Hide antenna channels), the proper channel content for the channels shows on the small preview window.  For instance, 50.1 shows proper 50.1 content in the small preview window.  

(Also, I rescanned and problem still the same)
-location and zipcode Los Angeles   90503

Not happy--watching annual New Years concert in the small preview window.  Bad start to 2021!  Please fix software.  Thank you!

supernumm
Channel Surfer

Re: Problem With Live TV Over the Air - Channel 10.1 redirecting to 10.3

I have been having the same exact issue here in Philadelphia since 9.4.0 update. I even hide 10.3 but everytime I tried to go to 10.1 NBC, it takes me to 10.3 LX channel instead.

edged1g
Binge Watcher

Re: Problem With Live TV Over the Air - Channel 10.1 redirecting to 10.3

I am in philly area as well and having the issue. Luckily, I can scroll the channels with arrows to get to NBC to watch Sunday night football. But others are so lucky and this needs to be fixed ASAP. 
pyrewoman
Reel Rookie

Austin, TX:
-Roku TV brand and model: TCL 65S435
-serial number YN001F033018
-device ID: J69931033018
-software OS/version:9.4.0 build 4200-30
-tracker ID 18-002-545
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing:  OTA antenna TV---Enter guide select 18.1 PBS channel and it tunes to 18.4 pbs kids.

0 Kudos