Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChasityB
Level 7

Black screen on a onn roku tv that hasnt been dropped

Turned my tv on for the 1st time today and it shown a black screen with sound. It's not even a month old and has never been dropped. It's a onn roku tv Help please!!!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Black screen on a onn roku tv that hasnt been dropped

@ChasityB

Thanks for the post.

Customers who were experiencing this issue were able to resolve the issue by unplugging their TV for 10-15 minutes then plugging their TV back in. Try that to see if it resolves the issue you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Justlisawv
Level 7

My Sharp Roku TV is booting over and over and showing the sharp logo and rebooting. Sharp said call Roku, gave me a phone number with a recording that said Roku doesn't do phone support... any help here?>

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Justlisawv

Thanks for the post.

If you believe the issue is caused by a software issue, please take a look at the information provided by our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku TV?

However, as this may be related to a hardware issue, we would recommend contacting Sharp support to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
link626
Level 8

Onn is a cheap brand

shine a flashlight on the screen at an angle, and see if you can see a faint image of whatever is on the screen.

If you can see a faint image, that means the power supply has failed and you have no backlight. 

0 Kudos
Curtisaurus
Level 7

Is there a fix to this my tv is doing this I can see the picture if I shine a flashlight on it just got it 2 months ago 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Curtisaurus

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos