Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adamaron
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime Video Pixelated. Other Channels ok.

Jump to solution

Lately, oddly enough, I haven't had the issue. Watched a few episodes of Wheel of Time and all was clear. The same was true with movies on Prime.  Keeping my fingers crossed because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this problem. I will say that I did the reboot of the app as recommended. Though it made no difference immediately, maybe it is the reason for the improvement? With the fee Amazon charges, you'd think they'd also make some effort here.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DaveBode @Adamaron,

Thanks for the update about this. In this case, if an issue is isolated to a specific channel only? This issue likely needs to be addressed with an update by the channel providers themselves.

Roku only hosts the channel available on the platform. You can contact them here: PrimeVideo ContactUS.

And let us know how things turned out.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
New813Boy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having this problem too. First, your problem is that the idiot you’re conversing with doesn’t know how to think for themselves and only reads from a script. You need to ask that this issue be escalated to someone that understands apples and has enough of a brain to equate it to oranges! Otherwise this is a waste of your time and now mine…

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @New813Boy!

We sincerely regret to hear your experience and completely understand your input.

If you are currently experiencing this specifically on the Prime Video app only on your Roku streaming player, it is highly recommended to directly contact the channel provider themselves and let them know about this as they are the ones who created, provided, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform. They will be able to help you correct/fix the pixelated playback. 

If this happens to various apps, kindly specify which are affected if possible so we can notify our relevant Roku team.

We hope this clears everything out and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We are assuming this has not always been a problem, something in past few days maybe happened to cause this woe;

Before deleting the app and re-adding, try rebooting your router.  No better, reset the network connection of the roku app, reconnect to network.   Deleting the app, reinstall did not work for me.  Resetting the network connection on the Roku device seemed to do the trick for past few days at least.   

On my laptop, numerous times just had to turn wifi on/off to fix a hung or broken internet connection.   Clear cache of IE or FF to get rid of stale rogue hung cookie or file.  Reboot of router helped performance of games I play, most often not rebooted for months before I have such issues.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @garstarkian,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Prime Video channel that is being pixelated. Thanks for the steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue. Would you mind giving us more information? As @RokuCarly mentioned above, if you are currently experiencing this specifically on the Prime Video app only on your Roku streaming player, it is highly recommended to directly contact the channel provider since they also control and maintain their content on the Roku platform, so it might be better to contact the channel provider's support and inquire further.

You can reach them here: Prime Video Support.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
New813Boy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They said to contact you!! Typical, nobody wants to help or research anything so they just point fingers at someone else! 🤬

0 Kudos
New813Boy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They said to contact you!! Typical, nobody wants to help or research anything so they just point fingers at someone else! 🤬

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @New813Boy,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku community!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As you mentioned, you are also having the same issue with Prime Video being pixelated.

Please be advised that different content providers have different requirements for streaming movies and TV shows in 4K. Roku Express 4K, for instance, will work with any television with an HDMI connection. However, without a compatible TV, you cannot take advantage of 4K Ultra HD resolution, HDR/HDR10+, and similar HDR formats.

You can see more requirements in the following detailed articles:

You can try to change the display type on your Roku Express 4K so that you can choose to select the resolution and frame rate manually according to your liking and your TV's compatibility.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.