Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pbs kids app crashing on roku tv

Hi, @angelbug902 @jody76jmv

Thanks for posting regarding the issue you've encountered with PBS Kid's apps.

Since you've performed troubleshooting steps even a factory reset, this is an indicator that the issue is rooted in the channel itself that the channel provider can address. We recommend reaching out to the channel provider's support and letting them know about the experience you've had with the channel so it can be addressed. 

Most channels on Roku are built, managed, and maintained by the channel provider. Thus, contacting them is the best option.

If there's anything we can do to assist, please let us know.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mnshiplett

My Pbs kids app is crashing on multiple Rokus. Been happening on multiple devices. Very disappointed. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling and resetting the device. Nothing had worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mnshiplett,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Roku Community!

We are aware of this issue, and this is currently on hold with the appropriate Roku team. We still don't have any updates about this or how to assist.

Please also share with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BabyYoda

I have tried this and it still does not work. I have done restarts. I can get the app to play on other devices and stream to the tv but I cannot get it to play from the Roku device. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BabyYoda,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amarsh
Reel Rookie

Is there a resolution to this issue yet? Same thing at my house.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Amarsh,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to assist you with your inquiry. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Also, are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?

In the meantime, please follow the troubleshooting steps listed in the support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue and see if it fixes the issue.

We'll be waiting for your update.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jo30

Hi, I've tried everything just like everyone else on this thread, all to no avail. This is a frustrating problem for parents and has been a problem on our TV for the past two months. We keep thinking the problem will be worked out, but so far, no.

I've gathered all of the requested troubleshooting info: serial number, model #, issue ID, screenshots, version/build, etc. but don't want to post them on a public forum. Can you tell how to send a PM?

Additionally, is this a Roku problem or a PBS Kids problem? If it is a PBS Kids problem, can you reply with the most appropriate channel provider contact information?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Amarsh
Reel Rookie

Update to my issue. Just got high speed fiber optic internet yesterday (previous was satellite internet), PBS kids app now works with zero issues. Not a solution for everyone, but wanted to update my status. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jo30,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. That's not what we aim for. We understand that you are uncomfortable showing your device information publicly; then you can send us a private message.

To message us, please select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select the option, "Send this user a private message."

We'll be waiting for your response.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos