Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mispaw88
Reel Rookie

Pbs kids app crashing on roku tv

On both of my roku tvs the PBS Kids app is crashing as soon as you click the app. I have tried to delete it and reinstall several times and I have checked for updates on the tvs themselves and they are both up to date. This is a channel we watch a lot and we can't get it to work. 

42 REPLIES 42
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pbs kids app crashing on roku tv

Hi @Mispaw88,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out about this issue you're experiencing when accessing the PBS app. We'd like to know more about this.

Try accessing it using a mobile hotspot to see if that helps.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mispaw88
Reel Rookie

I tried unplugging my internet box and I tried connecting my TV to my Hotspot on my phone and the PBS Kids app is still doing the same thing.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mispaw88,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please let us know how it goes this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
amymuss

This exact same thing is happening to me!! I did all the restarts and removing, reinstalling as well.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @amymuss,

Thanks for getting in touch and for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We'll take a closer into this, and we'll need your help. Please provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

@RokuERey The same thing is happening to me. I've tried all of the above and it still won't load. 

Requested info:

• Model: 3930RW (The actual device lists 3930X)
  • Serial #: X00400HWU0VX (S009206WU0VX)
  • Software: 12.5.0 build 4178-AE
  • Tracker ID VX-449-328

Thanks!

Cass

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cpetrakos33,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We have passed along this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. In the meantime, we would also suggest contacting the channel support team for additional help.

We'll get back here soon with an update.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Selatopia

Same thing is happening to me!

I've emailed pbs kids today hopefully we will get this resolved as this is a channel we used daily 

Alyssa5323
Reel Rookie

Same thing is happening to me. We just switched from Firestick to Roku stick and cannot get PBS kids to work. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, used mobile hospit, restarted the streaming stick. Nothing works.