Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Walteria
Channel Surfer

Re: Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen

Jump to solution

Join me and let’s file a class action law$uit to remedy this problem!   It seems like the only thing is band together to solve these glitches and get a legal solution to this frustrating problem.   

Walteria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s happening when I’m trying to watch Bally Sports Network in my DIRECTV stream app.  I pay roughly ninety dollars a month and it’s interrupting my NHL games I’m trying to watch.  Please fix this garbage 

0 Kudos
Walteria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My unit is a D820X

onn model 100012589

serial number x00700V2RL9S

software10.5.2 build 4138-C4

0 Kudos
Walteria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update.   I’ve turned off my defective tv and I wound up listening to my Blues game on the radio instead.   The TV set is useless at this point.   I’m going to try to get credit from DIRECTV stream since I can’t watch what I’m paying for.      Radio is much better and it actually works no crashes 

0 Kudos
DWS1234
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Issue ID VF-240-738

MODEL #DX03X

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DWS1234

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DWS1234
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It freezes and spools and keeps saying no internet connection. No wifi no network but it clearly says connected in settings. Sometimes fair sometimes excellent. I reset modem and router and factory reset router. Internet company says my strength is fine as well as speeds.  I have yet to factory reset it. I have hard reset it and system powered it off many times.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DWS1234

Thanks for the reply.

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku TV? Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? If it's Comcast or ATT, we would recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DWS1234
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happens on all direct TV now stream. I did the 20 second reset. Re set up wifi connection.  Red light blinks 2 times fast says no connection to internet set up now or later. I say later and sometimes goes back to TV. I have to try other apps. It resets TV too a lot.

I have dual band router. Orbi satellite next to tv

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DWS1234

Thanks for the follow up.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos