Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWS1234
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen

Jump to solution

My TV has the same issues. Have done all the above. Been back and forth.  On and roku won't warranty nor fix it. Onn roku tv has issues but they won't recall it or fix problem. There has to be a problem with internals.....AVOID this tv. Probably why it was so cheap.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DWS1234

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rrochell8

Jump to solution

Purchased my 70" Onn QLED Roku TV on June 3rd 2022. At 1st was only having trouble with the Netflix app. Now it has begun to happen with Hulu as well. It's beginning to get very frustrating. 

Model: G834X-Roku TV

Serial# X01300DHMUR6 (SOLW924HMUR6)

Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-CT

Timestamp 2022-08-03T22:53:00Z

Issue ID R6-309-533

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rrochell8

Thanks for the post and for providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
BC-McBenz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I to am having the same issue, not only with my Onn but my TCL, both are less than a year old. I have done all of the steps (Repeatedly). I will pass along some information that two best buy employees told my husband and I, take it for what its worth and use your own judgement. We were looking in April of this year 2022 for a new TV. Quality is of importance to us as we don't want to keep having to spend $200 or $300 for a TV once or twice a year. When we were looking we went to Best Buy. There was one Roku TV left from the Christmas season. And decently priced, now I know why. The employees advised us never to buy a TV that was produced for the Christmas sales/season. They are produced in mass quantities with less quality materials, hence the affordable prices before, during and after the holiday season. They told us that they are not built to last. Whether this is true or not I don't know but they told us this knowing that they could potentially lose a sale. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BC-McBenz

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

You stated that you had already attempted to uninstall the app. Before reinstalling the channel, did you restart your Roku TV? This is an important phase in the troubleshooting process. If you haven't attempted the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we recommend giving it another try.

Furthermore, we recommend restarting your Roku using the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The TV update’s the software daily on its own. I have updated manually as well. Not a fix Danny from ROKU.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The breadcrumb on my ONN Roku TV is Settings> System> then “Advanced system settings” > then it’s “Factory reset” or “Network connection reset” . I’m not sure which one would fix this problem of booting me off the chosen apps. I haven’t tried it because the breadcrumb trail doesn’t match. I don’t want to waste time setting everything up all over again if it isn’t going to work anyway.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@JbuehrleestepA network connection reset would be relatively simple. You would have to enter your network password but all apps etc... would be unaffected. If a network connection reset does not solve your issue the last resort is a Factory Reset. If you have more than one Roku device all of yours apps will load after the factory reset since they are linked to all devices on the same account. You will need to enter login information on most but not all apps after a factory reset.

0 Kudos
Newnecie

Jump to solution

My model is the exact same as theirs and has the exact same issue. It don’t matter what app I’m using peacock or Hulu any of them. I’ve had mine less than a month and it is very frustrating. Please help!!! 

0 Kudos