Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
URMAWM2
Reel Rookie

Re: Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen

Jump to solution

I totally get it trust me its every roku "update" the kicker is that we don't get the option whether we want to update or not they just go ahead and do it with no notice or permission. Then it takes weeks to correct all of the problems their updates cause soon as it's back to normal they go and update again.  I just want my tv left tf alone man seriously 

Fjdeme

Jump to solution

Me too.. I'm a Roku user for over 10 years now with multiple Roku device purchases but I am having the same problem with my 42" TCL Roku tv it keeps crashing on prime, Netflix and hbomax funny it doesn't Roku channel though? My solution was to get a an AMAZON FIRE STICK and bypass the Roku tv also. Working fine now. 

0 Kudos
SunnyOR

Jump to solution

none of the information you requested has solved the problem for the many of us who bought this tv last november during Walmart's black friday special.  All of the complaints here are the Onn roku tv. factory reset doesnt work, neither have any of the suggestions on this thread.  I know because I try them all daily.  It's time to take all of these people seriously and get a real solution for us all.  For each person complaint here there are at least 1000 others with the same problem who dont complain online.  

Bottom line, Walmart's ONN Roku TV is faulty and has been since it came out of the box, regardless of Roku updates.  It is specific to this tv and it is the problem of this tv.  It affects even digital antenna programing, not just streaming or cable programing.  Walmart need to own this and do a recall.  I for one will never buy another thing with the ONN brand on it.  And I've pretty much stopped shopping at walmart since I have been burned when I bought 2 of these useless tvs for Christmas.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, if you have not already, please provide us the following information:

-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
thechknhwk

Jump to solution

I have a 55" TCL Roku that just started this same BS 2 days ago.

0 Kudos
thechknhwk

Jump to solution

Looks like you've been passing along information for 8 months ?!?

0 Kudos
Beckers1968
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Press home 5xs. Up arrow 1x. Rewind 2xs. Fast forward 2xs. Resets tv

0 Kudos
acast05

Jump to solution

Just purchased a 32" Onn Roku tv. When I try to view the Vevo music video channels or Loop music videos channels, after a couple of minutes it goes to the home screen, if I return to any of those channels it occurs again. Watching Live TV (antenna) I can watch all day without interruption, seems to happen when streaming only. I have two other steaming devices connected also, Fire stick and TIVO stick and never have issues streaming from them, only when using the Roku TV portion.

Model D820X - Roku TV 

Software ver 10.5.2 build 4118-C4

Timestamp 2022-03-25T18:15:42Z

Issue ID 95-080-295

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@acast05

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Walteria
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue and am about to borrow my friend’s gun to shoot the **bleep** thing if it can’t be fixed.  Then I’ll donate it to my local police firing range.  This is getting frustrating here

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.