Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LilAj24
Reel Rookie

Re: Stuttering on 12.0 Game Mode

Are there any updates? The lag is still unacceptable 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 12.0] Recent update broke Game Mode on Roku TV

Hi @LilAj24,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that our appropriate Roku team is currently working on this issue in the game mode. In the meantime, can you please provide the following information so we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • Could you send us a video of your running issue?
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information, we will make sure that we will update this community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Grefox
Reel Rookie

Any updates?

I'd like to add a few things to my previous comment. 

I've noticed that different video sources have different timings between "skips" or glitches. For example, when you hook up a GameCube with HD adaptor to the HDMI port, the skips happen more frequently than the video source I was testing. TO BE CLEAR - I have tested ALL video sources on another TV and NONE of them skip - this is ONLY happening on this TV. The skips seems to be around 4 seconds apart with this source, instead of 10. I've also noticed there there's a sort of rolling effect. It looks like a screen tear between the skip and the most up to date frames, if that makes sense. It is absolutely ugly and distracting and I cannot believe there still isn't a fix for this. 

Please resolve this. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Grefox,

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing additional insight about this.

Sincerely, our apologies for the delay in providing a solution to this issue. We have already brought this to the attention of the appropriate Roku team.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that this matter will be settled very soon.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CaptA_Lo

This is the first time this has happened to me. But my Tv keep saying no signal. What is going on? Reading these comments and the issue hasn’t been fixed yet???

0 Kudos

I'm having the exact same issue, we just got a 40' Hisense Roku tv and while I was playing my switch I quickly noticed an unbearable constant stutter happening with game mode on every 10 seconds or so. If you turn game mode off, it fixes said stutter, but then the input lag is so bad it makes games practically unplayable, and I want to put in advance that I don't see a point on giving the exact tv information like the ID and whatnot when clearly many people have been having this issue.

There's something wrong with the software, my old Roku didn't do this and nobody was having this issue until the recent update, so clearly theres something on your end that needs fixing. Please do remedy this situation asap, otherwise I'm going to have to move on from roku seeing as I can't even enjoy playing games on it anymore.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing the experience you have with this concern. @Jasin_Deamn.

Please be informed that there's an ongoing investigation into this issue. Being said, please provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rockutv
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same problem on a Hisense 40H4030F4.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rockutv,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Please be informed that this issue is being addressed in the game mode by our appropriate Roku team right now. Please supply the following details so that we can forward them to the appropriate Roku team.

We would appreciate it if you could give us the details @RokuJanadeeK previously requested.

We'll be anticipating it. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rockutv
Channel Surfer

Hisense roku tv:

Model (back of tv): 40H4030F4

About info:

Hisense model: 4Series-40

Hardware ID: K201X

Serial number: X02700U7JFJ7

Software Version: 11.5.0 build 4846-G5

Device ID: S0VAY347JFJ7

Issue ID: J7-397-157

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.