Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArcadePizza
Channel Surfer

[OS 12.0] Recent update broke Game Mode on Roku TV

It seems like a recent update has broken game mode, I have tried multiple HDMI cables and four different consoles including an Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PS5, this issue is present with all of them. When game mode is enabled there is constant visual stuttering which is pretty aggressive, but audio doesn’t stutter or cut out at all. The only solution is to disable game mode. Please fix.

TV model is Sanyo FE40R49FC

Hardware ID is 8638X

Software version is 12.0.0 build 4181-AK

43 REPLIES 43
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 12.0] Recent update broke Game Mode on Roku TV

Greetings @ArcadePizza 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with Game Mode after updating to the latest OS.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to look into further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with a video of the issue you are experiencing so we can better understand the issue?

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
CtrlAltDelv
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. Unbearable video stuttering through HDMI with Game Mode enabled. Started about a week ago.

It seems that people described something similar years ago: https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Game-mode-stuttering-on-with-10-0-update/m-p/680533

TCL model: 40S325

Hardware ID: 8113X

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4181-48

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CtrlAltDelv,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Game Mode isn't working properly with your Roku TV. 

Please be advised that we are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with additional details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku serial number and device ID (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CtrlAltDelv
Reel Rookie

• Issue ID: 53-187-641
  • Timestamp: 2023-05-11T07:21:10Z
  • Device: YK00VW235053 (JAA93V235053)

This occurs whenever I'm using the HDMI port (playing Xbox) with Game Mode enabled (TV settings, Picture settings, Advanced settings, Game mode, On).

Every ten seconds or so, the image seems to judder, stutter, or lag, replaying and dropping several frames. The video isn't smooth.

I first noticed this issue around April 29. This setup has always worked fine before that.

Please let me know if this information is sufficient. Thanks!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CtrlAltDelv,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CtrlAltDelv @ArcadePizza,

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing.

The team is hard at work investigating the issue and we would like to request additional information in order to resolve this issue.

Can you please provide a specific game title in that you experienced this issue?

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CtrlAltDelv
Reel Rookie

This occurs no matter what content is displayed from the Xbox. All games, video streaming apps, and in its dashboard. Whenever the TV’s game mode is enabled.

I assume it would be the same for any other HDMI device, as @ArcadePizza experienced.

ArcadePizza
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F 

Serial Number - YK00C4465279

Device ID - 096000C465279

The only thing needed to reproduce the issue is to turn on game mode and watch or play something.

It happens regardless of which game I’m playing, it was every single game that I tried, on every game console I tried as mentioned in my original post, but it’s not only that as someone else mentioned, I also recently discovered that it happens regardless of what you’re doing on the television, video streaming, watching an MP4 video using the roku media player, cable television, etc. it stutters just the same when game mode is enabled.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CtrlAltDelv @ArcadePizza,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We will forward your valuable details to the Roku team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos