Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThatPlatypus
Reel Rookie

Re: My TCL Roku tv is showing no picture but is making sound

Heavyuser666
Reel Rookie

Re: My TCL Roku tv is showing no picture but is making sound

Roku support told me it is HW issue but after reading ton of documentation I doubt it.  The problem is I will throw away $500 tv after 2y4months…  plus I am not expert on it but TCL seems different company then ONN and the problem happens across brands - Hisense, TCL, ONN which also leads to FW/SW issue…

But in the worst case - even if Roku support is right - and it is HW issue still those guys should push to fix this because obviously no customer will buy anything Roku related after this **bleep** experience

XiniMari3

ONN ROKU 65’ 4k #BlackScreenAfterUpdating

Just received my tv today. Unboxed set up and turned on. Everything set up normal until it was finished updating. Went to black screen, but was still on. Tried every single method. Turned it off and back on. Unplugged for 15 minutes. Downloaded update onto hard drive and plugged into usb. Hard reset the dang thing almost 200 times. After each and every hard reset the restore page comes up. It lets me sign into my Wi-Fi. Gets to the update page. Updates 100% then restarts my tv. After it restarts it’s black and there’s no coming back from that unless I hard reset once again for the same thing to keep happening. I honestly don’t even know how I will return this tv due to the fact no vehicle or printer for return label. $315 down the drain. Bought as a gift paired with ps5 for my significant others birthday. I called ONN support and they can’t do anything. Thankfully my warranty is good but as I said before idk how I will return this.. This is honestly so disappointing.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: ONN ROKU 65’ 4k #BlackScreenAfterUpdating

Hi @XiniMari3,

Thanks for reaching out. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and for seeing this problem on your new Roku TV. Could you provide us with your details so we can send them over to the Support team for further investigation? View here the required details we needed. 

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
3man1

I’m having the same problem as everybody else with the black screw after it says restarting anybody found a solution I already mounted my tv lol.

0 Kudos
Ivbouys
Binge Watcher

My/my mom's TCL 55" is having same issue. Right now it is sitting in storage while I got a replacement TV with both a different OS and will NOT connect the base TV to Internet-only use external streaming devices.  Can Roku let me know as well when they fix this as I know it's software as the TCL/Roku red screen does flash etc. It feels like an old situation with a computer with a bad video driver

0 Kudos

Re: TV screen goes black after watching but still have sound

My Roku TV is doing the exact same thing the screen will turn black but you can still hear the sound and it's just slowly getting worse

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hello @ChrisSal_123

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

As you may notice that we are aware of the issue occurring on your Roku TV and please be advised that our engineering team is working closely to resolve the issue. We would like to submit your details to our  Support team for further investigation. Lick here to check the required details we needed. 

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Balajirci
Reel Rookie

Absolutely same issue with my 55’’ Roku TCL tv. I tried every option in the thread and I have to s**k it up as hardware issue. 500$ tv coming for less than 4 years is such a shame. Neither me nor anyone I know will come near TCL or Roku tv anymore. Not worth the headache- cheap company !

0 Kudos
Smoore85

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

What if the hard reset from the back button doesn’t work and tv is still black but powered on? 

0 Kudos