Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: My TCL Roku tv is showing no picture but is making sound

Hi @Brittgoering

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku TV.

As you may see, our support team is working on this and we are gathering the information to help them resolve the issue. Could you provide with us the requested details posted by @RokuMary-F above

We'll be waiting for your response. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Firmwareistrash
Channel Surfer

Get tcl to work together to help the community instead of trying to give false hopes of fixes! Why should we have to buy new televisions because someone botched the firmware bricking our screens! Maybe they were purposely planted to boost sales! 

cfoley13

Hello the same thing has just happened to my TCL 55" roku smart tv. Serial #2107GTC010598W00564

Worked fine last night, April 12, now when I turn it on I can hear the buttons moving but the screen is black. I have unplugged it, done the reset with the remote and the hard reset multiple times on the back of the tv. The screen then blicks between black screen and red roku screen once or twice or turns off and will not let me turn it back on again. This tv is a year and a half old...please get this fixed!

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @cfoley13

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you are also experiencing the same issue with your Roku TV. As you may notice, our support team is working closely to resolve this as soon as possible. 

We would like to provide your details as well to our support team for further investigation. Can you provide the following below:

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
  • When was the issue first noticed
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • If so, what streaming channel?
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We'll be waiting for your response. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ThatPlatypus
Reel Rookie

Started seeing this issue as well on a 65 inch TCL Roku TV today around 7-8 PM.

Completely black screen but with a flashlight I could sort of see first time set up after the reset (but not clearly).

Generated a tracker ID around 8:40 PM PST on 4/15/2023.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ThatPlatypus

Greeting from Roku Community. 

We're sorry you are seeing this problem on your Roku TV. We have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation. We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible, and we ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
rockaway1836
Binge Watcher

Looks like I need to be added to the list. Last week my TCL 75r615 began the black screen problem. Unplugging and plugging it back in only solves the problem for sometimes a few minutes, and sometimes several hours. The same results come when hitting the reset button. For whatever good it does the TV is running 11.5.0 build 4312-30 I'm glad to see I am not alone though, as I was thinking it was a hardware issue. Now I  at least have hope that it's software.

Just now got a tracker ID 50-153-918

I should also mention that sometimes it begins at start up and sometimes while watching a show. Most of the time the TV is tunned to Youtube TV.

0 Kudos
cshaughn11

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

I found the reset emblem located on the back left on the TV. But I am not seeing the actual button. What does it look like? Do I need to remove anything to access it?

0 Kudos
cshaughn11

I also tried the combination with the Roku remote and nothing happened. Is it possible that the TV bulb could have died? I can hear volume and can see a very very faint picture if I try really really hard.

0 Kudos
Gypsy3

I have the same issue. I was watching a movie tonight and the screen went black. After reading this I wonder if I should even try all the fixes.  Has anyone had the fix work??

0 Kudos