Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilusionofchoice
Channel Surfer

Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

My 75 inch Roku TV is behaving similar to others here. It just went black all of a sudden without any warning. The sound works and I can see the LED power light flash on the TV indicating it is receiving a signal everytime I press a button on the remote control.

I have already tried all the options posted here in this thread as well as called TCL customer service line and walked through all general troubleshooting options with tech without any luck. 

-No recovery menu opens after holding the reset button for 30 seconds or any period of time. 

-Both soft and hard power cycle failed.

• When was the last time TV was used without issue
    • 05/01/2023 @ around 3pm PST
  • When was the issue first noticed
    • 05/01/2023 @ around 4pm PST
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV
    • Yes
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback
    • Happens immediately on turning on the TV
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV)
    • TCL 75S421
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID(we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)
    • Tracker created 05/02/2023 @ 9:30 am PST
    •  
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight
    • No
  • Serial Number

2006TC007766A0235875 inch TCL Roku TV.JPG

When I turn on the tv it is just a lit black screen, so it goes from pitch black to a lightly luminated black screen when powered on now. This TV is only a few years old and lightly used. If this was an firmware update from Roku, is there a way to roll back version? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
ilusionofchoice
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku tv is on Black Screen 10/27/2022

Yup, same here. Lameski! 

0 Kudos
GabeG666
Reel Rookie

My Roku tcl 65in just went black, and has been turning on but the tcl logo flickers then black screen… I’ve had this tv for 2 years. What is going on….

0 Kudos
GabeG666
Reel Rookie

Also yes I tried setting, and factory resetting STILL nothing. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ONN ROKU 65’ 4k #BlackScreenAfterUpdating

Hi @Gnetty,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Rest assured that we have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. The team is hard at work investigating the issue, we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We sincerely value your business and aim to make your streaming experience an exceptional one. Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ilusionofchoice
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

Thank you to all for collaborate efforts. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Jitsgohs
Reel Rookie

Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display May 1st 2023

Hello everyone

I am having the same problem since yesterday evening for my TCL 65S423-CA. Everything was working fine, I left the room and came back after 10 minutes to a black screen. Can hear the audio etc and remote, tried resetting by holding the reset button for 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Unplugged TV and plugged back in after 10 minutes. Nothing worked.

0 Kudos
Amidoun

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display May 1st 2023

I am also having the same issue with my 55 in. Black screen, logo flickers just barely on and then back to black. Tried unplugging for an extended period of time and also tried 30 second factory reset.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
Stefphobic
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display May 1st 2023

I am having the exact same problem. Tried resetting everything, shining a light on the TV I can see that it’s still on the screen, but after the initial bright flash of the screen I can’t see anything. 

0 Kudos
Ivbouys
Binge Watcher

Re: ONN ROKU 65’ 4k #BlackScreenAfterUpdating

Hi Karla,

To be as clear as possible, even if there is some way to simply roll back as much as possible to an old original software, that would help tremendously. It may sound redundant but I practice using a Roku ultra on any TV we use and don't use the internal os regardless of tv model. As long as can get to do this:

1 get the TV to show a screen

2 disable connection to wireless/(and don't wire to network) so it doesn't get updates.

3 accept HDMI connection so the external Roku does it's thing 

This is all I, and I'm sure others may agree, need. I just having trouble having the feeling I need to throw away a tv that I know works but is hindered by a display software issue because of board built into it.

Thanks 

0 Kudos