Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madking1
Streaming Star

Re: ONN ROKU 65’ 4k #BlackScreenAfterUpdating

Does anyone know of a website or video or resource to help me walk throw replacing a power supply board on a TCL - 65” Class 6-Series 4K UHD Mini-LED (Model: 65R635)? I’m not throwing away a tv that’s 2 years old. That’s asinine!

0 Kudos
DanDy1
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TV TCL Black Screen on display

My tv went black as well. No sense looking at when or model number to help out the team. They will simply say sorry and that they have sent the information to the most inappropriate team members they could muster up at the nearest bar so everyone could laugh at you while spending the money used to buy their product. Thank for your patience while we sleep off this hangover.

NoMoreHocusTV
Channel Surfer

Has anyone been given a solution yet?  My TCL Roku 55in 4k TV went black on Tuesday and all of the solutions here were tried.  Nothing works and of course TCL customer service was useless and of course it's a 15 month old TV so it's not under warranty.   What a terrible company; a problem is identified and 4 plus months later still no response or solution other than you're working on the problem? 

0 Kudos
Paul65
Streaming Star

Yeah, my solution was to buy a new NON-TCL, NON-ROKU tv and warn everyone i know.

NoMoreHocusTV
Channel Surfer

Yes, I second that!  My new Non-Roku TV has been ordered.  Shame on TCL/Roku for not coming up with a workable solution!  Just look at this discussion and see how many customers you have lost.  Has anyone contacted the Better Business Bureau regarding this?  I'm sure there are many more people affected by this than just on this discussion group.  It's awful for everyone and the environment because not all of these tvs will get disposed of properly 

0 Kudos
Ddtfit
Reel Rookie

Agreed!

bought a Hisense Google TV from Amazon.

they have a great return policy if anything goes wrong.

NoMoreHocusTV
Channel Surfer

Not that Roku is doing anything besides saying "you are working on it", here is the information requested:

• When was the last time TV was used without issue 5/2/23
  • When was the issue first noticed 5/2/23
  • Is the issue popping up when you start the TV Now, yes.
  • Is the issue happening during a content playback Yes
    • If so, what streaming channel? All channels 
  • brand and model TV (this can be seen on the back of the TV) TCL 55S435
  • Press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times to obtain a tracker ID (we are aware that this tracker ID will be unseen due to the black screen)  I cannot see anything
    • date stamp when you triggered the tracker ID I cannot see anything 
  • can you see a picture on the screen with the use of a flashlight I thinking so but not clearly enough to make anything out.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We'll be waiting for your response. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @NoMoreHocusTV 

Thank you for providing us with all the requested information, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that we have forwarded all your concerns and details to our Roku team, who are actively working to investigate the issue. Although we have not received any feedback yet, we will keep you updated as soon as we receive any information.

We appreciate your business and strive to ensure that your streaming experience is exceptional. Thank you for your patience as we continue to investigate this issue.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
NoMoreHocusTV
Channel Surfer

It's been at least 6 months and there is still no fix.  By the time there is a fix, no one will still have the TV to actually fix it.  Shame on you, Roku!

0 Kudos
rockaway1836
Binge Watcher

My TV began acting up around April 10th. I reported it here shortly after. I had several days of hard reboot, and factory resets with mixed results. Sometimes it would work and sometimes no. Sometimes it would work for several hours and sometimes several minutes. I also went through a 4 day period where nothing worked at all. Then all of a sudden about 10 days or so ago the darn thing started working again. I am not by any means ready to declare the issue fixed yet, and even if I were so inclined my wife will not let me hang it back up on the wall. So here I sit with a 75 inch TCL 6 series sitting on my bedroom floor ! I guess I will keep it as a spare for the day that my 11 year old Sharp 80 inch that sits in my man cave dies (it is showing signs) That is as long as it keeps working.

0 Kudos