Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gvandy
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound unless Ig power cycle TV

The link is in Spanish.  Could you direct the the English version???

0 Kudos
bettyboop1980
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound unless I power cycle TV

If I restart ot factory settings, will all my apps disappear?

0 Kudos
Kendy73
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound unless I power cycle Roku TV

Oh I'm having the same issue. It's super annoying having to restart the TV every time I turn it on. Lol these imbeciles answering you made me laugh. None them have reading comprehension.  The one legit telling you how to do exactly what you said you already do. Lmao 🤣. Did you ever find a good answer? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kendy73,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We'd love to help you out, but we need more details. Is this an isolated case to a specific channel, or does the no sound issue happen on the rest of the channels on the platform? And how long have you been experiencing this?

Tell us more about it so that we can move forward to the next step.

Warm regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
omd

We are done with Roku.  The responses are pathetic and demonstrate really poor customer service!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @omd,

We appreciate your first post in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the experience that it has caused you. That's not what we aim for. We would like to know the issue you've been having with your device so we can offer you some help. Would you mind elaborating on the problem you've been experiencing? In addition, please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
omd

It's the same issue other users have described in detail in this thread.  Sound doesn't go on when Roku device is engaged/turned on and the only way to fix it is to turn the device off and back on.  Those are the exact steps we have taken that result in a fix, and the only steps that result in a fix. Please DO NOT suggest that I check the cables (done), or send you the details of my TV, etc.  As the other people who have posted about the same issue have demonstrated it is NOT an issue related to cables and TVs.  It is obviously an issue related to Roku and the Roku tech people should be able to figure it out.

Why not provide Roku subscribers access to Roku's tech team so that we can actually do real troubleshooting.  Or perhaps upgrade us all at no cost to us?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @omd,

Thank you for keeping us updated!

We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku TV. What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g. Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV – specify TV) Do you have any other device/s connected to your TV? (e.g. speakers and another sound system)

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kittenkitty1228
Reel Rookie

I was also having issues with it around the same time this post was made. My tv is a Hisense Roku TV and I have to completely restart the whole tv to make it work. I have also factory restarted it several times and I have had no change. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kittenkitty1228,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd like to help. Do you have any external devices? Could you also tell us what are the steps to reproduce the issue? Does this case affect the rest of the channels on the platform, or an isolated case to a specific channel?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.