Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grancie

No Bluetooth headphone option for TCL Roku TV.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with my Roku TV. There’s an icon showing a group of audio outputs including headphones, but in the menu there is no headphone option, even though there IS a wireless speaker option, which means to me that it is bluetooth capable.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No Bluetooth headphone option for TCL Roku TV.

Jump to solution

Hi, @grancie

We appreciate you for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Before you can begin streaming Bluetooth audio, you need to pair your headphones to your compatible Roku streaming device. This is done through a discovery process which allows Bluetooth devices to register information about each other and then make a secure wireless connection. Because this pairing information is retained even when Bluetooth devices are powered off, it is typically only necessary to pair your Bluetooth device one time. After you complete the pairing process, your headphones will appear in the list of paired devices and a headphone icon will appear on the television screen when adjusting volume.

Use the steps below to pair your headphones:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Wireless headphones
  5. Select Add new wireless headphones
  6. Turn on your Bluetooth headphones and put them in pairing mode
  7. Wait while your Roku device scans for Bluetooth headphones. This can take up to 30 seconds.
  8. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list of available devices
  • Note: The Wireless headphones menu option will only appear on a compatible Roku device.

For more information with connecting your headphones to your Roku TV including steps and guide on how to successfully connect , kindly visit How to use Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode on your Roku streaming device

If thre's anything we can do to assist further, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@grancie, what @RokuTakashi failed to mention is that only certain Roku TVs made by Roku themselves support Bluetooth speakers/headphones (listed in the link to the support article provided).  That generic graphic you're seeing doesn't mean much.  The only wireless speakers other Roku TVs support are Roku wireless speakers which are not Bluetooth.  You can use your Bluetooth headphones combined with the mobile app's "private listening" feature.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @grancie

We appreciate you for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Before you can begin streaming Bluetooth audio, you need to pair your headphones to your compatible Roku streaming device. This is done through a discovery process which allows Bluetooth devices to register information about each other and then make a secure wireless connection. Because this pairing information is retained even when Bluetooth devices are powered off, it is typically only necessary to pair your Bluetooth device one time. After you complete the pairing process, your headphones will appear in the list of paired devices and a headphone icon will appear on the television screen when adjusting volume.

Use the steps below to pair your headphones:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Remotes & devices
  4. Select Wireless headphones
  5. Select Add new wireless headphones
  6. Turn on your Bluetooth headphones and put them in pairing mode
  7. Wait while your Roku device scans for Bluetooth headphones. This can take up to 30 seconds.
  8. Select your Bluetooth headphones from the list of available devices
  • Note: The Wireless headphones menu option will only appear on a compatible Roku device.

For more information with connecting your headphones to your Roku TV including steps and guide on how to successfully connect , kindly visit How to use Bluetooth headphones for Headphone Mode on your Roku streaming device

If thre's anything we can do to assist further, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@grancie, what @RokuTakashi failed to mention is that only certain Roku TVs made by Roku themselves support Bluetooth speakers/headphones (listed in the link to the support article provided).  That generic graphic you're seeing doesn't mean much.  The only wireless speakers other Roku TVs support are Roku wireless speakers which are not Bluetooth.  You can use your Bluetooth headphones combined with the mobile app's "private listening" feature.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Mazmaz

Jump to solution

Fantastic,  just to note auto sleep needs to be switched off for the roku app

On android that's:

Device care/ Battery/ Backend usage limits/ Never auto sleeping apps

0 Kudos
silverxpup

Jump to solution

What happened to this option???? I just got gaslit by support saying it never existed????

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@silverxpup, it never existed for Roku TVs manufactured by TCL.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.