Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve117

NFL app has no audio, only this application

NFL app has no audio no matter what I do. I've uninstalled, restarted, unplugged, and checked all Roku and TV audio settings. It is only the NFL app. All others work fine

Labels (1)
36 REPLIES 36
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: NFL app has no audio, only this application

Hi @Steve117,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We will be glad to assist you with your issue with the NFL channel since you can't hear audio. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for updates.

If the problem still persists after attempting the troubleshooting steps, videos from other channels play fine. In that case, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Seahawk10
Reel Rookie

Same issue for me

0 Kudos
Seahawk10
Reel Rookie

Checking for updates did not help. Removing and re-adding channel did not help.

I have a Roku 4 that has this problem.

My Roku stick does not.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Seahawk10,

Thanks for reaching out for support today here in the Roku Community!

The Roku 4 has officially been tagged as a sunset or a "legacy" device that is no longer supported with the newer software updates. It is also no longer supported by newer updates of the channels, and your Roku 4 might encounter problems running these newer versions of channels. This might also explain why your Roku streaming stick does not encounter this issue since it is an up-to-date streaming device.

We hope for your understanding regarding this,

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zoroaster
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same issue. I just bought a brand new 32” Roku TV and everything works perfectly except the NFL app - No sound whatsoever! I’ve tried everything - unplugged, uninstalled/reinstalled. Does anyone know what is going on? I’ve tried contacting Support at NFL and they just give the runaround. Is anyone else having this same problem? 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Steve117 @Zoroaster,

Thanks for getting in touch and for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

We'd be more than happy to take closely into this. But we need your help. Could you share with us the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

We'll look forward to your update. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zoroaster
Channel Surfer

Hello Rey, thank you for the assistance! 

TV model: 4series-32

Serial Number: X02700D950YA

Device ID: S0VDY35950YA

Software Version: 11.5.0•build 4884-G5

Every aspect of the new TV works perfectly, except the NFL Network app which has perfect screen but absolutely no sound coming from it. I’ve tried everything possible to get it working. Power off/on, Reset, install/uninstall and nothing seems to work. Also, it seems other people are having this same issue. I’ve tried reaching out to the NFL support team but there’s no way to reach them directly. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Im considering returning this TV and going with another brand, but would like to avoid that. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zoroaster,

Thanks for the prompt response!

We really appreciate this information, and could you also share the Tracker ID with us? When this issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zoroaster
Channel Surfer

Ok!  issue ID YA-391-298

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.