Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mallory

My Screen is very dark

Jump to solution

Last night my tv was working perfect. We turned it off and went to bed and this morning we turned it on and the screen is working but it is so dark you almost cant see anything. I've went into the settings and tried to fix it that way and I also did a reset with the button on the side and it didnt work. When i unplug it and turn it on it will go normal to the roku screen for a few and act normal then go to the home screen and go dark. I cannot get anyone on the phone due to the situation. Any help is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My Screen is very dark

Jump to solution

@Mallory 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mallory 

Thanks for the post.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeneralMayhem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I realize this is an old post, I am replying in case someone else has this issue.

I had the same thing happen, T.V. was working fine the night before, turn it on in the morning and the home screen is fine, the little preview for "live T.V." is fine but when you switch to full screen mode the picture goes very dark and purplish. I followed advice I found and fixed the issue by pressing the * button in full screen mode and changing the setting from "vivid" to "movie" mode, I don't know if this is a permanent fix but it works for now.

BCapone30

Jump to solution

same here my 60 inch tcl roku 4k hd tv ..... same very very dark reddish blotchy picture, but the ONLY picture setting its normal in is the movie setting , i mean i guess that will have to do so i dont spennd 500 on another tv , BUT i would love to know how to fix this and what the exact problem is

0 Kudos
GeneralMayhem
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, 

Some people have speculated that it is a hardware issue and most likely thats what it is, my TV was an inexpensive 4k 60" Sanyo from Walmart on Boxing day... $500 cdn. Mine used to be set to "Vivid" mode before this happened to it... some have said it might be related to the backlight for the screen. I don't really know what makes 'em tick inside but just prefer things to work as they should. Seems to be a relatively common issue, leaves me with the feeling these T.V's aren't going to last very long.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

As previously stated, the issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting your Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? We would suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer's contact information, visit our Community post here: 

Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Steve8991

Jump to solution

A Youtube video by WorldofTech helped solve my issue. I reset my Roku TV with it's remote by pressing the home button 5 times, the up arrow 1 time, the re-wind button 2 times, and the fast forward button 2 times in that order. Your home menu should scroll a few times then the TV will shut off. It will come on again, shut off one more time then come back on and the picture should be fixed. The whole process takes about a minute. I hope this helps!

Dewbacked

Jump to solution

I just discovered this same issue with mine today. 
aside from having to do all these hoops, picture settings, and factory resets, can we please get an official word from Roku or TCL what is causing this issue and when a fix can be implemented?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Dewbacked

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into – that is not what we aim for.

We would recommend reaching out to TCL Support to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can contact them here: https://support.tcl.com/us or call them at 1-877-300-8837.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AMH72

Jump to solution

This worked. I was freaking out but decided to try this and I’m glad I did. I wonder why this happened?

0 Kudos