Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qbnazz

Re: My Screen is very dark

Jump to solution

This happened to me also i am very upset angry i called tlc and they did some trouble shooting and its still DARK the Agent then tells me that it is repairable to bring it to a shop that my 1 year warranty is up and that there's no time frame when this can happen 1 year is not enough!!!! When you guys are selling a device that obviously does this often apparently!!! I am disappointed and will never buy another one again and i will definitely tell others so they don't end up like the rest of us and you guys need to really extend your warranty this is crazy listening to a tv u can't see first Covid now this like i really have money for a whole new tv.......a repair shop that takes money to get there too SMH i got to tell everyone about this ✌🏾😞😭😠😡😩

Cudaclark

Jump to solution

I updated my tv last night and this morning the screen is so dark I can't navigate it. What is the problem? I tried the reset options using remote and unplugging it with no result. I'm extremely upset with this issue. We just bought another roku but after seeing all the issues your update causes we are returning it before the 30days is up! I will not buy roku again.

Jump to solution

@Steve8991 wrote:

A Youtube video by WorldofTech helped solve my issue. I reset my Roku TV with it's remote by pressing the home button 5 times, the up arrow 1 time, the re-wind button 2 times, and the fast forward button 2 times in that order. Your home menu should scroll a few times then the TV will shut off. It will come on again, shut off one more time then come back on and the picture should be fixed. The whole process takes about a minute. I hope this helps!

Thank you this worked! I had to use my original remote. It didn't work with the remote that came with my Ruku Omm speakers. 

0 Kudos
Yadayadayooop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This also just worked for me! I was afraid it was a full reset, but looks like it saved all my apps and logins on hulu, Netflix etc.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
whitemma

Jump to solution

55 Phillips. Injust un;lugged it for 15 seconds, put it back in and restarted all ok.

I am guessing there was a roku update that also required a tv update.

0 Kudos
dhelmick1

Jump to solution

My screen also turned super dark without anything physical happening to it. Roku tcl only had 18 months and used only 1-2 times a week. That’s pretty bad quality with the screen going out and only being turned on/off less than 150 times. 

In changing the Picture mode to movie the screen has full color back but I can’t imagine this is a permanent fix. 

I also watched WorldofTech Youtube video for the remote button reset and this fixed the darkness while keeping the picture mode in Vivid. I hope this is more of a software issue than hardware. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @dhelmick1

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This worked for me!  Thank you so much for posting. 

0 Kudos
kelskats
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi

I dunno ( like everyone else ) what causing the problem, but here's two 'fixes':
1) Try the asterisk ( star ) on the roku remote then eventually drill down to 'picture' and choose 'movie';
OR
2) On the roku remote ~ 'home' x5, 'up' x1, 'rewind' x2, then finally 'f forward' x2.  The pic will freeze for a bit, then the tv will go thru a reset.
Both / either way worked for me with my sanyo roku 55".
Cheers & Good luck,
-kel

0 Kudos
kelskats
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi

I dunno ( like everyone else ) what causing the problem, but here's two 'fixes':
Try the asterisk ( star ) on the roku remote then eventually drill down to 'picture' and choose 'movie';

Cheers & Good luck,
-kel

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.