Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpplease12
Channel Surfer

Motion Smoothing: still no solution

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Helpplease12
Channel Surfer

Re: Motion Smoothing out of nowhere

Jump to solution

Its been a month, is there going to be a solution to this problem?

TK82
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Maybe if we all get together outside of the community they set up and look into existing suits or creating one they'll start to take it more seriously. Maybe they'll actually do something instead of insisting on bs busy work to make you feel like you've\they've done something. That's my two cents at least. I'm here for any ideas you all might have. It's time for some accountability on their part though one way or another. 

0 Kudos
bratface
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

That sounds good BUT they have us by the short & curlies! We obviously already own their product, the only real recourse we have is to chuck the TV & buy something without the roku os. The only thing is, they have already made money off of us, so they aren't losing anything.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Technically, you own a TCL (or whatever) TV, that uses the Roku OS. It's up to TCL to get the proper hardware configuration files to talk with the OS.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Rest assured that the team is diligently working to identify the problem and find you the best resolution for this issue. If you have already provided us with the necessary details requested, we can assure you that your devices are already included in the ongoing investigation. 

Your continuous patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bratface
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Carly, ARE YOU A BOT? Because nothing else makes any sense! You keep calling the addition of motion smoothing by Roku a 'problem/technical issue' WHEN IT'S A DELIBERATE UPDATE BY ROKU!! If you are a real human, WHY DO YOU KEEP LYING & REPEATING THE RIDICULOUS STATEMENT THAT YOU ARE LOOKING INTO THE 'ISSUE'?

Gregh11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Carly, Please stop with these “help us find the bug” messages! Just tell product management to roll back the Motion Smoothing or make it an option. As for me, it is so bothersome that I will be replacing my TCL because of this, as it triggers vertigo. 

RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bratface @Gregh11,

We appreciate your feedback on wanting to disable the motion smoothing feature on your Roku TV. We understand the frustration this may cause, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Current Situation:

Our Roku engineering team is currently aware that the ability to disable motion smoothing might be unavailable on some Roku TVs. We are actively investigating this issue and our top priority is to find a solution as soon as possible.

Stay Updated:

We will provide updates on this issue as soon as we have them. 

In the meantime, please feel free to:

• Leave a comment below: Share your specific concerns or questions about motion smoothing.
  • Send us a private message: If you'd like to discuss your situation further, feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ZanyHunter

Jump to solution

Having the same issue on my Hisense TV. It has completely ruined ny experience watching films! When can we expect the rollback or for the feature to be available as an option?

Model: Hisense G217X - Roku TV

Version 13.1.4 built 1510-CH

App: HBO Max

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.