Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jp223
Reel Rookie

Motion Smoothing out of nowhere

Jump to solution

As of this morning, my TCL Roku TV randomly has motion smoothing. There is no setting to turn it off. I’ve had this tv for a couple years and this hasn’t been an issue. What can I do about this?

Model Number: G140X

Software Version 13.0.0.24062

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Motion Smoothing out of nowhere

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users! 

We appreciate you reporting this to us. We are aware of this issue and are currently investigating it. 

If you are experiencing the same issue, kindly provide us with the following details below so we can include your device's information in the process:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Did this happen even before the software version 13? 
  • A video clip of the issue happening for reference. Perhaps an indication that the 'Motion Smoothing' has been enabled. Also, a photo of the Picture setting available during playback.
  • Specific troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to resolve the issue. 
  • The specific channel you are experiencing this with.

You may download the video clip via Google Drive and provide us with the link. If you prefer to send it via Private Message, kindly select my username and View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

*We will mark this as a solution for everyone's visibility.*

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18

Motion Smoothing stuck On without option to turn off

Jump to solution

Motion smoothing is stuck on on all apps, with no option to turn it off within picture settings -> expert settings. Tried customer support who were unable to help

0 Kudos
Hoag445
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue with no fix so far. 

0 Kudos
wilmer1

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. TCL, model number G107X, software version 13.0.0. Had it for years and hasn't been an issue since yesterday. I don't see any options mentioning "action smoothing" in any of the menus when I click * while video is playing. Extremely frustrating, but it's interesting to see that it has happened to multiple people simultaneously.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users!

Greetings from the Roku Community.

Thank you for reporting this matter to us. Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the appropriate team for further investigation. 

Kindly provide us with the following details so we can report this effectively:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Did this happen even before the software version 13? 
  • A short video clip or photo of it happening.

In the meantime, you may disable this by pressing the star (*) button on your remote during playback > Picture Settings > Advance Picture Settings > Action Smoothing.

We'll be looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hoag445
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello, the model number is G135x software version 13.0 device Id: sojr9254p99e  serial number: x0120094p99e . tracker id won’t come up followed your steps. I just noticed it two days ago. thank you hope for a fix soon 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Hoag445.

Thank you for giving me the precise details of your TCL Roku TV. Rest assured that I will include this in the report. Once I've been notified of any updates from the team, I will let you know immediately. 

In the meantime, your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jp223
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

TCL model: 75S451

Hardware ID: G140X

Device ID: S0JWF2975X5D

Never happened before OS 13. 

There is no action smoothing setting on this TV.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you, @jp223.

I appreciate the added information you've provided.

Rest assured that our appropriate team has already been notified about this and is currently in the process of investigation. 

I will let you know once I have an update on this matter. Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jp223 @Hoag445!

Could you please provide us with a video clip of the issue happening for reference? Perhaps an indication that the 'Motion Smoothing' has been enabled. Also, a photo of the Picture setting available during playback.

You may download the video clip via Google Drive and provide me with the link to it. If you prefer to send it via Private Message, kindly select my username, View Profile, and on the right side of the page, select Send this user a private message.

I'll be looking forward to your response. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.