Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dargis49
Streaming Star

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Don't worry dude. It'll revert back the soap opera effect

0 Kudos
Iama_dragon
Channel Surfer

I guess we shall see. Since no internet it can’t update anymore. And the update seems to be the issue. I hope not lol

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

The problem is you need internet to properly set up all the inputs through the app… so you have to connect and disconnect every time you need to fine tune settings. Incredibly annoying. And since my Fire Stick won’t display Dolby Vision properly on this TV, I have to rely on the built in apps to stream HDR. 

0 Kudos
AC3
Channel Surfer

It seems that it won't revert back to SO effect if you stick with the stock software.  But that eliminates updates to the picture controls.  It's totally unacceptable and TCL needs to fix this bug.  Folks have mentioned calling and emailing them.  Anyone get any acknowledgment that they're trying to fix it?

0 Kudos
Iama_dragon
Channel Surfer

Yea fair point. I didn’t know that features for adjusting are missing.

I have Made a ticket for it & referenced this thread.

Hope somethings gets noticed.

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

I was told they might have to downgrade the software on my television due to the issues I’m having ... 

... but no, they have not acknowledged the issues 9.3.0 is having with their televisions.

Pintweaks
Binge Watcher

I wrote to TCL directly and referenced this thread to let them know how widespread this problem is. They wrote me back with the usual fixes, but also told me to send a lot of specifics to them like my serial number and even a short video of the problem when it occurs. I’ve yet to do that, but I will as soon as I notice it happening again.

It only seems to happen when I switch sources, and I haven’t done that yet this week as I’ve been watching nothing but YouTube through the built-in Roku for the past several days. 

plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

I’ve handed everything to them on a silver platter. From photos and videos to all the hardware information associated with the set. It’s becoming a real pain in the ass having to manually restart the television every time I want to switch an input or jump to a streaming channel.

almmoe66
Reel Rookie

After unplugging last week, my TV is still working fine without it returning. I even switch between inputs without it happening. I'm hoping it doesn't come back as others are reporting. TCL needs to address this soon. 

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

I talked with them too and I have sent them videos showing them the issue.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.