Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowman77
Reel Rookie

Re: Motion Smoothing Issues on new TCL

Just downloaded the new software version 🤞

0 Kudos
ImYoungxD
Reel Rookie

Updated Aug 8 around 8:30am. Still have motion isssue around 10am.

0 Kudos
jarredduq
Channel Surfer

I had high hopes, but it returned a day after updating on 8/7

0 Kudos
plantbasedgamer
Binge Watcher

I’m in the same boat, again. Action smoothing issue came back this evening after switching from an HDMI input to streaming. I guess I’ll be emailing TCL again.

0 Kudos
MassAwesomeOne
Binge Watcher

Just wanted to add another voice to this thread. Been experiencing the same issue. I noticed it the other day while watching a movie on my Blu-Ray player. I wondered if it was somehow the 24hz input so I set the player to 60z. Just noticed some judder.

I tried to do a factory reset but after the reset it was still on 9.3 and then my picture looked even worse since you cannot access calibration settings unless you connect to the app via WiFi, so not much hope of keeping it from updating anyway.

I have noticed that setting Action Smoothing to low produces a slightly more noticeable effect, with much more artifacting than what I'm experiencing. However, watching the same content on three different displays, the TCL is the only one with the ugly smooth look. Very infuriating. Kinda wish I stuck it out for an LG set now.

0 Kudos
Pintweaks
Binge Watcher

Updated to the new software (9.3.0 - automatically) and it started up again this morning watching YouTube on my Xbox One X. This time, I noticed something else: 

I typically don’t mess with other color settings when trying to troubleshoot this smoothing issue because it doesn’t make sense to do so, but this morning I did, and it seems none of them do anything! Changing color temperature, nothing. Changing backlight and brightness, nothing. Game mode, nothing. 

So I know that the TV reverts to default settings every time you’re in the Home menu; it goes to “cool” temperature settings and turns on smoothing. It’s almost like it’s getting stuck with those settings when you watch any given source and none of the controls can override it. 

For the love of god, please fix this issue TCL! It’s infinitely frustrating to own a giant 4K TV that I can’t control 🙁

0 Kudos
Prest208
Reel Rookie

Same issues here. But after the update i unplugged the tv for about 30 seconds and now everything settings is working as it should.  I’m lucky so far 

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

I'm having the exact same issue. Only fix is a complete system reset. I've done it 3 times and I'm tired of it. Calling TCL tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Dargis49
Streaming Star

The TV I have is the 55 inch r617 btw.

0 Kudos
Iama_dragon
Channel Surfer

Hey guys. Yea I just bought mine yesterday, did the updates and was freaking about the motion issues on anything I played, even with all the extra options off. Sure enough I did a factory reset, did not connect to wifi and just used my PS4 for Netflix. Well it works 100% fine now with 0 soap opera effect.

Sucks we have to do such a work around just to literally use a tv...... Roku get your stuff together.

0 Kudos