Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1111GD1111
Channel Surfer

Re: Missing letters on main screens

Jump to solution

This has been happening for almost a year now.  It seems like the alternatives to Roku suck as well so I'm FORCED to get up and unplug then replug in the Roku and hope it fixes the problem.  Sometimes it doesn't.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Muirchu,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community and welcome!

We appreciate your report about these missing letters and we'd like to see more on what's going on here.

We'd like to know when you started seeing it and how long have you been experiencing this issue.

In addition, does a system restart (from Settings>>System>>About) cover it, or does it come back right after the restart?

Share with us a bit more information about this so that we can further assist you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
elink
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can tell you how I fixed this... I threw the unit in the trash!!! I got tired of having to unplug it or reboot. It's a ROKU issue that the supposed smart tech folks fails to address. I have other ROKU devices that have never had the problem. 

0 Kudos
JAT2
Binge Watcher

The Missing Letters/Character Issue

Jump to solution

This has gotten more than ridiculous. I've been having to do a system restart for Both of my 3810x Streaming Sticks (so it's not the stick) almost every day to restore missing letters and characters on ALL menus/apps/guides- Everything. Sometimes it's so bad that even the 'restart' option is unreadable. As others have said, this has been going on for what, 2 years?!? And also has someone has said, getting a new roku stick doesn't solve the issue. Why is this affecting only some people and not others? If it were more, I'm sure Roku would fix this instead of ignoring it. What are the options as far as dumping Roku, Amazon fire stick or are there other platforms? Can anyone answer these questions??

0 Kudos
JAT2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We're supposed to reboot every day or more?? What kind of fix is that??

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Missing Letters/Character Issue

Jump to solution

Hi, @JAT2.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the appropriate team to determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible.

Before proceeding, can you please confirm if your Roku device recently received any software updates prior to this happening that might have triggered this issue? Furthermore, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A photo os the issue when it occurs.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JAT2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Are you serious??? "Rest assured that we will coordinate this with the appropriate team to determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible."???

This has been brought to Roku's attention many times, to whoever the moderator here was at the time, for well over a year and the response is always the same- "they are looking into it" or similar to what your scripted response was. Try looking at all the past threads for the information Roku needs- they include several detailed descriptions of the issue along with the same info you are requesting of me, even photos-- this is not specific to my device. But after all this time, YEARS, the issue has not been fixed and it's obvious that the 'team' is doing absolutely nothing about it. Again, read the threads!! 

0 Kudos
SteveH145

Jump to solution

I've had the same issue with my Streambar Pro for a year.  Please solve this!!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @SteveH145.

Thanks for letting us know that you've experienced the same issue as posted on this thread. Rest assured the team is currently in the process of investigation to determine the cause and finding you the best resolution possible. 

With this being said, we'd like to include your Roku Streambar in the process of investigation and it would be great if you could provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A photo for reference: How do I insert an image in a post?
  • Specific troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we appreciate your patience as we work on a resolution.

We are currently investigating the problem of missing letters/characters on the screen. In the meantime, please try restarting your Roku player by following these steps:

1. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.

If the issue continues after restarting, we’ll need some additional information to help us resolve it:

1. Roku Device Details:

• Device model
    • Serial number
    • Device ID
    • Current software version (found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Tracker ID:

• When the issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.
  3. Photo for Reference:

4. Specific Troubleshooting Steps:

• Please include any specific steps you’ve already tried.

Note: We'll mark this post as solved for visibility and as a reference for other users.

Providing this information will help us address the problem more efficiently. Thank you for your cooperation!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.