Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Missing TV Inputs in Settings

Jump to solution

Hi @RuthHofmeister,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd like to investigate this issue further. May we know what kind of Roku device you're using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku stream bar, Roku TV-Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
linda30

Jump to solution

Do I have to have a roku TV to follow these instructions. I have no TV input and when I go to live t, v, there is no instructions. I have a LG TV

Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Use whatever TV you have to change inputs. It won’t help to follow specific instructions for a Roku TV on a non-Roku TV.  Even among non-Roku TVs, a Sony TV is likely to switch inputs in a somewhat different way than an LG TV, however in both cases, you will be using the TV remote, not the Roku player remote to do it.

Banned but back. Because why not?
chowza

Jump to solution

You said: Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up    But, I have no Set up choice.  Please help!

My cable input used to be there.  But, it disappeared somehow.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@chowza, are you using a cable box or is the cable connected to the antenna input of the TV.  A cable box wouldn't be listed under "Live TV".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What is so difficult to understand and explain???
I have 2 Roku TVs.
Both worked fine.
Under Settings, there was a choice for TV Inputs.
You went there and can add, delete, rename etc.
Pressing the Home button on any remote showed the TV Input choices you made, above the channels.

Fast forward.
Added 2 Streamers.
A Roku Ultra to 1, and a Roku Ultra Lt to the other.
Both are connected to HDMI inputs on the Roku TVs themselves.
Installation goes smooth.
Then, turn on TVs.
Both do not show TV Inputs on home Screen.
Both do not show a choice in settings for TV inputs.
Both force your TV into Roku input while watching the cable box input.

Both will show inputs in settings and on home screen if I use an old remote.

So, the new streaming boxes make the TV Inputs disappear.
What is so hard to understand?
Stop telling people to go to settings, then blah blah blah.
EVERYONE has said there no longer is a choice under setting saying TV Inputs with the new Streamers installed. Not unless you don't use them and use the old remotes to power on and "press up" to see Inputs, or "Go to Settings and choose TV Inputs blah blah blah"

They are gone. Missing.
Please address the problem Thank You.

Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@BadSamaritan wrote:

What is so difficult to understand and explain??? ...

Both will show inputs in settings and on home screen if I use an old remote.

As people have been saying since the beginning of the thread: Use the TV remote to change inputs.  If your TV is older than your streaming player, then the TV remote will be the “old remote", but fundamentally, it is the TV remote (regardless of whether it is newer or older) that selects inputs on the TV

By the way, if the Roku player changes the input of the TV to itself too often, you can turn that off at Settings -> System -> Control other devices -> 1-touch play.

Banned but back. Because why not?

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RachelR2014, do you have a Roku TV (an actual TV) or the Express device that's shown in your post?  Only TVs have input settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MARYIMMEL

Jump to solution

I finally tried to use the VIZIO remote ( several years old) for the VIZIO screen, and had just purchased (mid April 2024) ROKU Express, and also found the command tree was missing "TV input". After some screaming, calming, and cleaning up the damage and homicide victims,  I  found INPUT in the Vizio remote, went to input, and did a SCAN CHANNEL process.  EVENTUALLY, I got ONE Indiana CBS channel.  Nothing else. I also found it helped to utilize an inexpensive antenna, and put the coiled CO-AX from the Antenna around the incoming, unconnected old CO-AX stub from the previous cable life.  FINALLY, one channel. Oh, well. 1 better than none. 

0 Kudos