Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Tv keeps kicking us out of Apps

Thanks, @vbalaton

We are currently investigating this issue, and once we received an update or feedback, we'll let the Community know immediately.

In the meantime, you can also try doing the steps below. Channels not loading is likely because of failed automatic update. Customers have reported doing the following to resolve their issue: 

• Go to Settings > System > System update > Check Now
  • The device should then proceed to hang/freeze and reboot. Immediately do the above again, and the update should apply. After it finishes, back out once then: Settings > System > Power > System restart
  • The device should do the long restart with a red screen then go to your Home screen. You should then be able to load and watch channels as usual.

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Streamer_fan
Reel Rookie

Re: Keeps going back to home screen on OS 10.0

Hi RokuDanny-R,

Besides my response to your earlier post, also this Roku Ultra LT sometimes kicks me out to the Home page while i'm watching a show... it could be something on the Roku Channel, or YouTube TV, or Netflix.

Sometimes we hear two tones/beeps and a little screen will appear, but before we can read its contents it disappears.

A few times it has turned on in the middle of the night on its own.

Thanks for your time,

Streamer_fan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU turning on my TV at night

@Streamer_fan

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

I have passed along the information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ruby_PA
Channel Surfer

Re: Getting kicked off Apps to home screen

Same here with Netflix & IHeartRadio. Is there no solutuon anywhere? Roku mods?? Anyone? I feel like I'm not getting what I pay/paid for and it's really frustrating!!

0 Kudos
Ruby_PA
Channel Surfer

Re: Getting kicked off Apps to home screen

So I decided to try the suggestions that have not worked for everyone to cover all bases. I restarted the roku device by goimg to settings restart amf that actually worked for ine of my devices that was kicking me off Netflix within seconds of starting anything. The very next thing I watched loaded faster and dis not kicl me off. So that worked for me. I'm trying it on my other device and will see if IHeartRadio works again. It makes sense that the device doesn't shut off with the TV.so it would need rebooting occasionally but my other device is powered down completely every day. So.... Not sure if this works in all cases.

Nope, not for my other device. Not only does this happen every time I try to run this app, it reboots the device, not just kick me back to the home screen like the other one. I see the Roku logo and all. Super annoying.

0 Kudos

TCL Roku TV recently started crashing back to home in any app

TCL model 7105x Roku TV

Serial YN00ES022193 (9T67AE022193)

Software 10.0.0 Build 4209-30

Timestamp 2021-07-13T01:12:15Z

Issue ID 93-277-992

This started in the past few months maybe. Using any app, mainly live TV, Netflix, YouTube, Discovery (the one that generated this issue tracker), and Hulu. After anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes the app will quit and bring us back to the home screen. We also have trouble sometimes with the volume not responding for up to 30 seconds after pressing the buttons on the remote.

I have not tried removing any apps or factory resetting the tv yet. I was hoping to avoid needing to set up all the apps again 🙂 

0 Kudos
Turko74
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku TV recently started crashing back to home in any app

Having same problem. Went to help.discovery and it's like they are speaking a language I don't understand. Since I'm signed up thru Roku I don't know what my app level is or anything else. Like deleting cache. How do you do that on Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@spliffdizzle

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Turko74

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Turko74
Reel Rookie

Don't know OS. We have Roku Streaming Stick+ YH00GA485054. I will try what you said with remote. It's mainly on Discovery plus

0 Kudos