Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmlukens
Channel Surfer

Re: Horizontal Lines/Bars of Pixels Stuck On Streaming Apps

Jump to solution

Roku TV 6109X TCL Model 50UP120
Serial Number YW00EV347584
Devide ID - 6W900E347584
Software Version - 9.4.0 - Build 4190-22
Tracker ID - 84-477-658

The issue occurs across different channels and and the navigation menus. Screenshots include nav menu and Hulu, but it also occurs on Netflix and Prime Video. The artifact/lines are dynamic, and hopefully the screenshots show that it's not just one static line. It's always in the same location (bottom of screen), but the nature of it changes. from nav menufrom nav menuFrom Hulu LiveFrom Hulu Livefrom Hulu Livefrom Hulu LiveIMG_3918.jpgfrom nav menufrom nav menu

0 Kudos
orti0001

Jump to solution

Hello Danny. I have OS 9.4 on my TCL 55” and I see the line. In my case, it seems it appear after the latest build. 

Roku TV: 7120X

TCL model: 55R615

Device ID: FB283F065840

The line appears on satellite tv and streaming channels. It is a thin line, not dead pixels, but mostly black unless there is something light colored further up on the screens. Then it seems to mirror the lighter area. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@orti0001 @Mmlukens 

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it occur regardless the channel you are watching?

Please also provide us with a tracker ID when you see this issue occur (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times).

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mmlukens
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny - the issue is never NOT happening. It’s constant. I believe I already gave you a tracker number. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mmlukens 

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it occur regardless the channel you are watching?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mmlukens
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Every channel. We including the main menu. It flickers on and off about every two seconds. 

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Mmlukens wrote:

Every channel. We including the main menu. It flickers on and off about every two seconds. 

That is definitely not the issue highlighted in this thread given it doesn’t even flicker. Does the bar appear exactly as the picture in the very first post?

If not, your issue sounds like an hardware problem.

0 Kudos
Mmlukens
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What do you want me to do? Create another issue? Post video of the flickering horizontal lines to Youtube and link to it?

0 Kudos
gabico147
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@Mmlukens wrote:

What do you want me to do? Create another issue? Post video of the flickering horizontal lines to Youtube and link to it?

Contact whoever made your TV (TCL? Hisense?) and ask them to service the TV. This Roku support forums can only help you when the issue is related to the Roku software.

If it’s not a damage to the LCD you caused, the maker should be able to repair it under warranty.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mmlukens 

Thanks for the information.

As mentioned in this thread, it appears that the issue you are experiencing is much different than what everyone else is experiencing. Your issue appears to be a hardware issue.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos