Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ham639

Hisense Roku TV won't connect to my Dish Network

I just purchased a Hisense Roku TV and can not get my Dish network system to show up. My Dish is connected through the coax connection not HDMI. Anyone else have this issue?

12 REPLIES 12
Harvini
Roku Guru

Re: Hisense Roku TV won't connect to my Dish Network

Let me answer this very tentatively, in complete ignorance of the equipment from DISH.  If it is connecting using the coax connection, I am assuming it is decoding and routing the channels to your set.  If this is using the old-fashioned Channel 3 or Channel 4 interconnection setup, then what you need to do is:

Hook the DISH converter up to your set, then do a channel scan.  During the dialog with the channel scan, the set will ask you whether you need to have channel 3 or 4 available for external equipment connections.  Answer this YES, and then proceed. 

As I said, I am in complete ignorance of the actual equiment, but this is the non-obvious set of actions that might be blocking your progress.  If I'm completely off-base, I apologize in advance.

0 Kudos
wwilliams

had dish working but now it wont show up on opinions on menu

wwilliams

need to connect to dish, how do I do this

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @wwilliams 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with connecting your Dish Network to your Roku TV.

Can you please provide more information about how you are accessing the Dish Network? Are you accessing the Dish Network through an external device that is connected to the Roku TV? If so, what input connection are you using? Have you verified that you are selecting the correct input in Settings > TV inputs > [appropriate input connection]?

Please keep us posted with an update and we will be able to continue to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
angelap

Dish has been connected to my Hisense TV for years (accessed through live tv). A couple of months ago it stopped showing up. After resetting the TV, talking to Hisense customer service and Dish customer service, both are saying this is an issue with Roku tv? What has changed?????

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @angelap,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties connecting your Dish network to your Roku device.

We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

1. Are you being prompted with an error message?
  2. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  3. Did you make any changes to your connection settings recently?
  4. As mentioned by @RokuDanny-R, have you verified that you are selecting the correct input in Settings > TV inputs > [appropriate input connection]?
  5. Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get connected? How to connect your Roku streaming device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet | Official Roku Su...

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Atv627226
Reel Rookie

How did you fix the problem. Mine stop working today 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Atv627226

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Atv627226
Reel Rookie

Our connection to Dish network stop working today. I had the TV for 2 years or so it’s been working and today it won’t give us reception to watch tv through dish 

0 Kudos