Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
optikhog
Roku Guru

Re: Cable Channel Guide on live tv is all wrong with what is actually broadcast. Help???

Jump to solution

Looks like we are at 72 hours since this issue was first reported.  Please provide an update.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cable Channel Guide on live tv is all wrong with what is actually broadcast. Help???

Jump to solution

@Neilio715 @Randy59 @Jack_P @SansSouci

Thanks for the posts and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Over-the-air tv guide not accurate

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this to the Roku Community. We'd like to check and try to help.

Please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what region are you located in
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue
-screenshots of the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DK7777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Again...

Well......  About a week ago my TCL ROKU TV started turning itself on by itself early in the morning.  I went through every setting but no help.  Did a factory reset.  Have not noticed it turning on since.

But now, I'm in your group with a nonsense guide for local OTA channels.  I tried it all,  (many hours later) including another factory reset.  Interesting though, a factory reset will not back date the software, so this might be the problem???

Also, a while ago when the 10.0 software rolled out, (maybe 10.5; **bleep** I don’t remember now) it broke the mirroring feature.  Was texting TCL support and was getting a run around from support team that I think were new employees that had absolutely no idea.  Even sent me back to troubleshooting 101... Try turning off & on, etc.  REALLY?  Even though I specifically called out this happened after software update.  There is no way to roll back software to verify.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!     And severely frustrated.

I'm in the ST Louis, MO area.

How and when doesn't seem relevant.

TCL ROKU detail .jpg

hietpasmd22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

20220614_164204.jpg20220614_164307.jpg

Here are the screenshots you requested. I live in the twin cities market. The issue is happening with 4.1, 9.1 and 11.1. There might be others but these are the ones I know for sure. I tried everything mentioned in this thread with no success yet.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JP1313
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's a Roku issue do to the latest update 11.0.0. If you disconnect your tv from the internet the guide goes back to being correct using the OTA guide. As soon as you connect it back to the internet the guide is wrong for quite a few channels for the Phoenix area. How about Roku get a Roku  tv and try it out for themselves versus having everyone jump through hoops and posting all the  needless screenshots. 👍👍

Neilio715
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @Thank you.  You helped out a while ago when an update bricked streaming services and got results quickly.  So hopefully same here!

Neilio715
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F Whenever I try to do the tracker ID it turns my tv off.🤪That is the only info I didn’t supply.  

0 Kudos
optikhog
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

As an update, some of my channel info has returned to normal, but it seems to be random as to what is working and what is not. 

0 Kudos
Eoin1
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel Guide Info incorrect

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, and nothing seems to fix it. How do I get the correct info on the guide?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.