Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy59
Reel Rookie

Channel Guide Info incorrect

Jump to solution

This started last week with a Insignia 32" and started this week with a Westinghouse 50"

example 4.1 shows Kojak but that is not what is showing

same info on 4.4 but programing is correct

4.1 is a FOX station 4.4 is GET TV

although the guide is incorrect the correct program plays

example 8.1 shows Cold Case

same info on 8.3 but programing is correct

8.1 is an ABC 8.3 is Crime

example 11.1 shows Flipping Boston

same info on 11.3 but programming is correct

11.1 is CBS 11.3 is DABL

I have 50 channels and these are the only three that shows wrong info but plays correct programming

I have done system restart several times, rescanned numerous times, changed zip codes, removed input, reset network connection, unplugged up to 30 minutes, check for software update (version 11 Build 4193)

next option is to get a non roku tv and switch to a different streaming option tired of the ROKU issues

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Channel Guide Info incorrect

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue.

We believe this issue is now resolved. We would recommend rebooting your Roku TV and then re-scanning for channels again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

225 REPLIES 225
BrenW58
Reel Rookie

Re: Ota channel guide multiple issues

Jump to solution

Tried this, but didn't work for me. OTA channels are all wrong, showing correct on Titan TV so it is not the broadcast station issue. It is definitely a TLC tv issue. Happened a couple of months ago after an update.

artist2000
Channel Surfer

Program guide is wrong and is listing repeated programs on the channel.

Jump to solution

This has been happening for the last 4 days:

In my area, CBS is channel 11-1 and isn’t listing the correct programs. It is repeating what is on 11-4. 

In my area, one of the PBS is channel 30-1, 30-2 and 30-3 and is showing the same program on every channel. 
The other PBS channel is showing “OHIO CHANNEL” on all 3 channels or no program listings. 😞

If I turn off the internet connection, my guide TV is showing the correct program listings. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Program guide is wrong and is listing repeated programs on the channel.

Jump to solution

@artist2000 

Please provide more information about the situation.

What Roku do you have? Is this an app you're using? We don't have any context of the question, so I'm not sure where to begin.

What's the Roku model number? Settings > System > About

What is the app you're using?

Or is this a Roku TV (which, by the way, Roku didn't build; Roku only licenses software for Roku TV devices)?

Imagine we aren't there with you, and can't see what's going on. Describe the setup to us.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
artist2000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My apologies on the lack of information. I have a TCL Roku tv connected to T-Mobile’s new home internet service. When the tv is not connected to the internet, channels are all correct. 
Otherwise, two network station programing isn’t listed correctly when watching the Live TV option through the Roku menu. This just started happening a week ago. 
I will admit, I am not so savvy on computers, internet and the like so I may again not be giving enough information to help in solving this issue and again offer my apologies. 
I appreciate your response. 
Thank you.

0 Kudos
artist2000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

*This is concerning only the tv program guide… to see what’s on at the moment or at a certain time.  No issues with the actual channels/programs themselves

0 Kudos
Ann1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Tv guide is incorrect for two channels. I have unplugged tv for hours. Still wrong when reconnect. I have three TCL roku TVs in my home. All are linked. Problem is only with one tv. Any suggestions on what to try next? 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@artist2000 and @Ann1 

It does seem like the Roku OS11 update may have negatively affected the OTA/antenna mode of some TCL TVs. (Or at least some issues were not present before the update.  Can't say for sure if the update "caused" the different issues.)

Some users have reported that updating the zip code in the RokuTV and performing a Channel Scan (rescan) has fixed some issues encountered with the guide.  (I have not seen other postings with your existing issues though.)  Most had to do with "No information" available in the guide rather than "incorrect information."

Zip Code...  (Settings/System/Zip Code)

Channel Scan....  (Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Scan for Antenna Channels)

----

Also, never hurts to perform a manual System Update (Settings/System/System Update/Check Now [press OK] ) to see if a build update has been released.  I generally follow any System Update with a System Restart. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart).

----

EDITED -- @Ann1 , do all your TCL RokuTVs have the same Roku OS build number under Software version (ie. 11.0.0 build xxxx-xx? ) (Settings/System/About)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

artist2000
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you. 
I just did the system update but with no success. Reentered my zip code too and no change. 
I am somewhat nervous to rescan the channels as I live downtown in my location and it’s an old brick building = had to find the right location for my leaf antenna to get all my local stations. (I don’t have cable) but if I get the courage to rescan, I’ll comment with the results. 

I only have the one TV and I checked the OS # and is up to date = 11.0.0.

Again, I appreciate your help and information! 🙂 

0 Kudos
CHRISJCOOK
Reel Rookie

When I launch ROKU channel it causes my Digital TV Antenna channels to not show properly

Jump to solution

I have a Insignia ROKU smart tv and a Insignia digital HD Antenna. When I scan my Digital Antenna it shows the ROKU channels but it scrambles my digital tv channels. Like channel 3 will show channel 3 shows but the program name will be from another station like Grit TV or Start TV. I received an update to ROKU about a week ago and I'm not sure if the update caused this issue because it's something that never happened before. I reset to default and my digital antenna works fine until synced with ROKU channels. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you!