Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Novelhabit
Channel Surfer

Re: Channel Guide Info incorrect

Jump to solution

I tried the zip code change recommendations scattered throughout this discussion and none of them resolved the issue for me.

0 Kudos
LesismoreFL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes but did you let it scan all the way thru cable, even tho you don't HAVE cable?

Just for my own curiosity. 

0 Kudos
Novelhabit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes. I let it scan all the way to the end. I don't have cable either so when I saw your solution I tried it. Unfortunately it didn't help. Most of the channel guide entries are correct. The problem I am seeing is PBS channel 2 and PBS channel 44 both show the same guide entries. The guide entry is correct for channel 2 but incorrect for channel 44.

0 Kudos
anvente
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You keep posting this but IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME! I am hoping Roku has a fix SOON...

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,
Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing. 
If this issue is not resolved, please help us with additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
anvente
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have done this for you on two occasions... You guys keep asking for the same information but nothing is done to fix the problem?  WHY????

0 Kudos
Novelhabit
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I finally was able to work around the guide mismatch problem. My zip code is 02115 and I enable channels 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, 15.1 and 44.1 in the guide for OTA channels. There are a lot of other channels that appear in the antenna scan but these are the ones we watch. I purchased a new TCL 43S435 back in June 2022 and at first the guide was ok. A week or so after setting up the TV the guide changed where a few of the hidden stations appeared and the guide listing for 2.1 and 44.1 became the same information. The information was correct for 2.1 but not 44.1. 2.1 is PBS WGBH and 44.1 is PBS WGBX - I don't know if this is relevant. I tried various recovery sequences and none of them worked. A few days ago I decided to try again. In order to start off "clean" I set the zip code to 00000 and rebooted the TV and rescanned for channels. After doing this the guide contained all the channels that had been scanned before but the guide indicated "no information" for each channel since there is no 00000 zip code. I then picked a zip code still in the same state but about 100 miles away to see what the guide would show. The guide filled in with information that was incorrect because the equivalent stations 100 miles way obviously would be wrong. I then started using zip codes that were a little closer and a little closer and when I tried 01103 the guide filled in with the correct information for the channels that weren't hidden - 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, 15.1 and 44.1. I restarted the TV and the guide remained correct. I waited a few days and the guide is still correct. I restarted the TV and the guide remains correct. I then changed the zip code back to 02115 and the guide became incorrect again where the listing for 2.1 and 44.1 became the same. I switched back to 01103 and the guide correct itself. I don't know how much of what I did was needed but at this point it appears to be consistently working with my TCL 43S435 TV when using zip code 01103 and consistently broken when using zip code 02115. 

0 Kudos
Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Please offer an option to turn off that ridiculous quick menu that was added, or at least fix it, it should only function if I select one of the options like say "News", instead automatically is cycling through each of the options, NO!  When you get to the lowest channel and try to scroll it to an upper channel, it automatically moved you from "All" to "Spanish Channels" this does not make sense.  

Before:

If I am watching my news on channel 13.1, and then scroll up to get to the higher channels to listen to say one of the music channels, easy enough, did exactly what it should do, perfect.

Now with the feature added recenty:

If I am watching my news on channel 13.1, and then scroll up to get to the higher channels to listen to say one of the music channel, nope, it automatically jumps to the spanish channels, NO!

0 Kudos
BobTG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This problem is happening for me also. I have a Roku TV 7104X, TCL model 49S405, software version 11.0.0, build 4193–30.

0 Kudos
BobTG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The weird thing is it just seems to be happening with the major stations ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CW.

0 Kudos