Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parteecia
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Guide Info incorrect

Jump to solution

Thank you for the ideas. The complicated methods didn't work for me. I ended up trying different local zip codes that would get the same channels and one of them worked. It bothers me a little bit that it's not my zip code but that's a personal problem. 

0 Kudos
UpsetRemoteUser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am having this issue with two channels, and I know what is going on too. This is happening with a number of RokuTVs for a number of weeks too. I even have a few friends with this issue in my area too.

In this area, we receive KXVO 15 and their sub channels signals out of Omaha, but for some reason, the guide is getting channel guide info for KBWF-LD 15 out of Sioux City.

To make it simple, 15.1 and 15.2 is on the guide is showing NCN and Telemundo channel info, but the channels that are received are KXVO or Stadium tho. 15.3 is correct on the guide since KBWF-LD does not have a 15.3.

Not sure how to get this corrected tho because I have tried changing ZIP codes and nothing worked in this area correctly.

I do not know if this is related to KXVO moving their channels around for ATSC 3.0 or not because KXVO became the ATSC 3.0 transmitter in Omaha at the same time this issue popped up.

We have never received any of the KBWF-LD channels here.

0 Kudos
sarajames
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you thank you LesismoreFL for figuring out a fix. I've been struggling with incorrect channel listings for several months now before finding this community and your comment. Got frustrating reading Roku's lack of interest or even pretending to try to resolve the issue. But - I changed the zip code to the larger city close to me, turned the TV off then on, and YAY its fixed!

0 Kudos
txmerlin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tried this, no luck.  I have a 55” TCL Roku and the ota channel guide has been showing the wrong programming for some stations for many months.  The ABC affiliate is showing GRIT programs in the guide.  The CBS affiliate is showing ION programs in the guide, and so on.  I have rescanned multiple times, deleted the source and reset the entire device, to no avail.  I just updated to 11.5.0, build 4194-30 update with no change to the guide.  Any way to format and reinstall … like when Windows is fubar?

0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I've been watching this conversation thread for several months and it seems to me that the problem is not a front end user interface bug; what I mean is that it doesn't matter how many times we try to update the OS or reboot the Roku, or reinstall software... the bug appears to be a back office database corruption that the Roku TV uses for the local programming guides.

I've commented several times on this, via several threads on this blog, trying to convince Roku devs to spend their effort looking for the database corruption, because that's really what provides the data for the program guides in each zip code location. The fact that there are random results every time someone attempts the change zip, rescan, change zip, rescan again, repeat endlessly, get same result indicates that there is bad data in the back office. Sadly, programmers don't like the drudgery of chasing down a latent bug, they'd rather get the glory of building a new interface that's shiny and prettier than the previous one.

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos
dcgonzalez
Reel Rookie

Re: Over-the-air tv guide not accurate

Jump to solution

I had similar problems, which progressed until all the OTA channels showed "No information".  I got on a computer chat with the tech support for my television (Hisense).  After several unsuccessful fixes, they suggested a full factory reset.  I did that and went through the initial set up again, including the scan for channels. After all that was completed, the channel guide shows the correct information.

UpsetRemoteUser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I thought I got my issue corrected by using a ZIP code to that was about 25 miles to the south of me, but today I seen that the channels got messed up again.

Not to sure on what is going on completely yet.

All I know is KXVO 15 and KBWF-LD 15 guide info is getting messed up in my area.

Like I said, it seems like this started right after the KXVO 15 moved channels around to start transmitting ATSC 3.0. Then again, I had never needed to rescan the TV till this happened.

0 Kudos
Jesse6

Jump to solution

My Hisense TV guide is all messed up still. This thread was marked as solved, is that true? Should I contact Roku support directly if I am still having this issue?

0 Kudos
Jesse6

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I am still having this issue I don’t think it is solved. Is Roku still working on this?  I’m in the Orlando area and my guide is totally wrong.

0 Kudos
dcgonzalez
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Jesse6

I'm not sure what trouble shooting steps you've tried, but if you haven't tried a complete factory reset, I'd recommend you do that.  I started seeing intermittent problems with incorrect channels or program listings on various days.  The problems persisted after I tried changing to other nearby zip codes.  Finally after weeks of the same problems, I changed to my correct zip code and got the "No information" for all the OTA stations. The channels were found and listed correctly, but I could only see "No information" for the programs.  The channels themselves came in fine, and I could watch them all, but the guide was wrong.

I finally contacted the Hisense tech support via their online chat, which is where I got the suggestion to try a complete factory reset.  After following all the initial setup for a new device that came up after the reset, I now see all the correct info in my channel guide for all OTA channels.

I hope that helps.

0 Kudos