Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miscmood
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Guide Info incorrect

Jump to solution

I am in Atlantic Beach and noticed this same thing starting a couple of weeks ago.

miscmood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku, please send out a new update to fix this 

Software Version 11.0 build 4193-39

Richrod
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.  I have 2 Roku TVs, one is TCL the other is Hisense. Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-88.   Did all types of troubleshooting. Reboot, changed the zipcode, update, restart, including deleting the TVguide.  All to no avail.  The tech said it was my antenna and to contact the antenna company.  I don't believe this is an antenna issue since both TVs have independent antenna. One is upstairs and the other downstairs.

miscmood
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is definitely not an antenna issue. Not with so many people having the same problem with all different antennas. I am convinced it is a software issue and a patch needs to be created for the current build we all received in May, or Roku needs to send out a new update ASAP.

JP1313
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Like I posted earlier It's a Roku issue do to the latest update 11.0.0.

If you disconnect your tv from the internet the guide goes back to being correct using the OTA guide.

As soon as you connect it back to the internet the the Roku smart (not so smart) guide is wrong for quite a few channels for the Phoenix area.

So unfortunately all you can do if you need the correct OTA guide info is disconnect your tv from the internet . 

I have been using my phone hotspot to connect to then turning my hotspot off vs messing with my router when I want OTA guide.

Unfortunately then you have to reconnect to Internet to use apps and guide is wrong again so not the greatest work around but it does work at least.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Program guide is wrong and is listing repeated programs on the channel.

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have further resolution soon. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@JP1313 wrote:

Like I posted earlier It's a Roku issue do to the latest update 11.0.0.

If you disconnect your tv from the internet the guide goes back to being correct using the OTA guide.

As soon as you connect it back to the internet the the Roku smart (not so smart) guide is wrong for quite a few channels for the Phoenix area.

So unfortunately all you can do if you need the correct OTA guide info is disconnect your tv from the internet . 

I have been using my phone hotspot to connect to then turning my hotspot off vs messing with my router when I want OTA guide.

Unfortunately then you have to reconnect to Internet to use apps and guide is wrong again so not the greatest work around but it does work at least.

I tried to this and it worked for the day. Go to home, settings, TV inputs, I then selected antenna tv.

Roku switched it with latest update to show, live tv. Just switch it to antenna.and go to it. Go right to be able to select hide streaming channels.

I selected it and went left till I got back home. Then I went past my antenna to another app, waited then went to antenna tv box and waited for picture and sound to start playing, then I selected it and Bingo it worked. At least for the day. The next day it was back to No Information.

**bleep** Roku. Tried it again to no avail.

Note I usually set my sleep timer on and put on streaming news under the antenna selection.

I will try it without the streaming channels and see if that gets information back up.

Im not a Roku employee.

I just agreed to thier terms like everyone else.

We are all working for them by providing our

"In Kind Services"  by providing our trouble shooting skills. They should offer rewards for good fixes that work for "in kind" employees.

That we are all.

Idk I hope Mary or Danny can figure this out.

Anyways peace out. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I am not sure if it will resolve for all RokuTVs, but I was still seeing this duplicate channel behavior this morning on my Insignia RokuTV.  

Roku OS had renamed and replaced my Antenna TV and icon in the initial OS 11 update to Live TV with a icon that looked like a guide. (A subsequent OS build may have caused this sub-channel issue as recently affected my TV).  

I renamed my LiveTV back to Antenna TV with the antenna icon and performed a System Restart on the RokuTV and all appears fine now. (At least initially, hopefully it will stick).

1. Rename Live TV to something else. I used Antenna TV. (Settings/TV Inputs/LiveTV/Rename/ [Select desired name and icon or choose Custom]

2 Restart the RokuTV. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart)

---

I browsed through this thread before posting, so apologies if I have missed if this has been suggested before.    I had been meaning to get around to renaming it and finally found time today.  Seemed to at least work for me and my Insignia RokuTV. (OS 11.0.0 build 4193-49).

Edit 6/22/22... Looks like previous posting above this one was edited to include this information.  Looks like @Zonexero below may have another workaround that is seeing positive results if renaming does not work. (steps involving setting zip code to 00000). May take different tricks for different RokuTV manufacturers.  Hopefully, others will keep posting potential fixes until resolved by Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar wrote:

I am not sure if it will resolve for all RokuTVs, but I was still seeing this duplicate channel behavior this morning on my Insignia RokuTV.  

Roku OS had renamed and replaced my Antenna TV and icon in the initial OS 11 update to Live TV with a icon that looked like a guide. (A subsequent OS build may have caused this sub-channel issue as recently affected my TV).  

I renamed my LiveTV back to Antenna TV with the antenna icon and performed a System Restart on the RokuTV and all appears fine now. (At least initially, hopefully it will stick).

1. Rename Live TV to something else. I used Antenna TV. (Settings/TV Inputs/LiveTV/Rename/ [Select desired name and icon or choose Custom]

2 Restart the RokuTV. (Settings/System/Power/System Restart)

---

I browsed through this thread before posting, so apologies if I have missed if this has been suggested before.    I had been meaning to get around to renaming it and finally found time today.  Seemed to at least work for me and my Insignia RokuTV. (OS 11.0.0 build 4193-49).

I tried this on my TCL Roku tv. And it worked. Posed under wrong topic

I did this and it worked for the day. Go to home, settings, TV inputs, I then selected antenna tv.

Roku switched it with latest update to show, live tv. Just switch it to antenna.and go to it. Go right to be able to select hide streaming channels.

I selected it and went left till I got back home. Then I went past my antenna to another app, waited then went to antenna tv box and waited for picture and sound to start playing, then I selected it and Bingo it worked. At least for the day. The next day it was back to No Information.

**bleep** Roku. Tried it again to no avail.

Note I usually set my sleep timer on and put on streaming news under the antenna selection.

I will try it without the streaming channels and see if that gets information back up.

Im not a Roku employee.

I just agreed to thier terms like everyone else.

We are all working for them by providing our

"In Kind Services"  by providing our trouble shooting skills. They should offer rewards for good fixes that work for "in kind" employees.

That we all are. 

Idk I hope Roku gets a handle on this. 

Anyways peace out.

Zonexero
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have been in contact with Roku TV support, they have been trying to resolve the firmware issue, I got sick of waiting, here is what worked for me to correct issue, you must follow each step exactly.  I did this on three of my TCL Roku TV panels from various years and all are once again showing the correct guide information.

1) Go to your Live TV (Antenna TV) app and open it, check to verify guide is still showing incorrect channel information.  ((in my case most the channels would show one of the sub-channels info ( .2 .3 .4 ), think it was 13.3 data and logo was shown for 13.1 Fox main channel)).

2) Exit out of the app, go to Settings>Software Update, verify it is on current one, at this time it on 11.0.0 build 4193.

3) Go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app again, then exit out again.

4) Go to Settings>Zip Code  change the zip code to 00000 (all zeros) and hit 'ok'

5) Go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app again, then exit out again, it should still show incorrect info at this time.

6) Then Settings>Power>System Restart

7) Once it completes, once again go back to the Live TV (Antenna TV) app and check the guide, it should now show 'no information' or something similiar.

😎 Go to Settings>Zip Code  and this time put it back to your original Zip code.

9) Go back to the Live TV app and it should now be correct once again.