Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TENNIS1
Channel Surfer

Re: Cable Channels Missing. They just disappeared.

Jump to solution

please tell us how they helped you. 

0 Kudos
jcice773
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How did they help you?

0 Kudos
Dorad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried everything you have suggested and I still don't have my cable TV channels. Never buying a Roku again!!!!

0 Kudos
TENNIS1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We tried and it didn’t work.
Pleaset tell us why this even occurred. It’s very frustrating. 
Thanks. 
TENNIS 1

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for keeping us updated on the issue you've encountered regarding the missing cable channels.

We assure you that we're working closely on the issue. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuJanadeeK? This is the workaround that we recommend performing that resolves the issue.

We hope this works, and keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dorad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried everything and now it's day #4 and I still don't have the cables TV. I am in Canada and my provider is Rogers. We use an adapter box for digital TV. Everything worked perfect till Saturday afternoon. What is happening? When will it be fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dorad,

Thank you for keeping us informed!

You seem to have done a great job troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue is persistent, we'd like to have an in-depth assessment. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • How are you powering the Roku device?

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we can pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mike123456

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me on 2 different tcl roku tvs around the same time. I had to reset and readd relogin to everything 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mike123456,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your cable channels. We're happy to help you. Please be advised that weak signals can result in missing channels. If possible, try adjusting the antenna or cable setup to improve signal reception.

Please keep us posted if the problem still continues.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sallchin

Jump to solution

did factory reset and never setup an internet connection... therefore the ROKU couldn't update software. All the stations came back. I previously did a factory reset and reconnected the internet and the stations were missing. Its reasonably clear there was some recent update on ROKU to the tv software that caused the stations to disappear. It maybe an increase in the threshold for the stations to be detected - previously lower all stations registered and now increased only the strongest stations are being detected. If you want you stations back never connect the ROKU tv to the internet and sll will be fine. This basically takes the value away from buying it in the first place. you need to get on this ROKU. This is a system issue not an individual user problem as you've been treating it in this thread.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.