Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allenjr

Control ROKU TV remotely for mom with dementia

My Mom has a ROKU TV and dementia. When her caregiver is off. She will call me to help with her remote. This is a 45 to 90 minute phone call. Shen can not find the remote and/or the correct buttons. I am on the same ISP but a different Wifi. Her phone will control her TV.

Is there a universal remote or a way to put a show on her TV. Even though I an a block away?

Is there a device or a port forwarding or VPN setup that will let me control the TV remotely?

Also I have amazon Aleza I have not been able to control Roku well from Alexa, but if this has gotten better this may be a solution?

Also can I setup up shortcuts on the IPhone to start her shows?

No matter what I will be on the phone with her to verify that the app I start launches.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.