Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wvjammer

Cable Channels Missing. They just disappeared.

Jump to solution

On a 2 day old TCL TV. I have already had to do a factory rest just to sign-in to Disney+

Day before yesterday I had my normal 130 cable channels (not antenna, no cable box).

Yesterday I have lost over 100 channels. I have rescanned, reset & everything else.

The unchecking streaming channels in the guide doesn't work either.

My old tv & the neighbors tv still have all the channels.

Please stop messing with the turner setting's, you never get them right & always screw something up.

It's bad enough after all these years there is still no number buttons on the remote because you think everything should be streaming,

I have purchased 6 Roku TV's in the past 2 yrs. for my own home as well as my rentals.

Unless Roku starts upping their game this will be the last Roku Device I ever buy.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cable Channels Missing. They just disappeared.

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users!
Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!
We understand you're having problems with missing cable channels. We sincerely apologize for this experience. Kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power (if this is not an option, kindly skip the step) > System Restart. After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels. You can refer to this support article here for more information on scanning local channels. Also, updating the correct zip code information might help.
Alternatively, here's how you can access "over-the-air" broadcast television:

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the "Ant/Cable In" connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

If the issue persists after performing all the provided troubleshooting steps above, please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.
Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Fragile

Jump to solution

The same has happened here on two different brands of roku tv.  Non-roku tv is working fine.  

jcice773
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also lost all my qam wow cable channels, 113. I will never buy another roku tv again. This is BS. i have 2 other non roku tv that stills have qam channels. 

TENNIS1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to us this morning. None of our cable stations are there. 
Ready to throw the Roku TV away and never buy another one. 

coachbob

Jump to solution

Cable just disappeared on mine to. no channel 3 or 4

0 Kudos
Littledragon3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Support person said Roku tech support is working on issue but in the meantime this Roku Tv sucks.  Watching local cable channels on a 15” tv in bedroom!

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Littledragon3 Some have reported than disconnecting the Roku TV from the internet solved the problem.  Not ideal but it may work for you.  Do NOT do a factory reset.  That will not work.

0 Kudos
Littledragon3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Tried that and cable channels just appear briefly and then disappear after getting out of Live Tv app!  Very frustrating indeed.  Roku needs to fix this!

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users!
Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!
We understand you're having problems with missing cable channels. We sincerely apologize for this experience. Kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power (if this is not an option, kindly skip the step) > System Restart. After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels. You can refer to this support article here for more information on scanning local channels. Also, updating the correct zip code information might help.
Alternatively, here's how you can access "over-the-air" broadcast television:

1. Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the "Ant/Cable In" connector on the back of your Roku TV.
  2. Turn on your Roku TV, go to Home, and select Live TV. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
  3. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

If the issue persists after performing all the provided troubleshooting steps above, please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.
Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
jcice773
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Its fixed, got my qam cable channels back intergraded with the roku channels! Thank you roku engineers!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.